Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powdair looks like it's happening - UPDATE!!! looks like it isn't....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://www.valaisprive.co.uk/

32 seat aircraft, £10k membership fee buys 1/320 share in company, plus £1,200 PA management fee, plus price of tickets bought upfront min 20 flights. Think I’ll pass!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No flights from Manchester then? Just a London city millionairs taxi service rolling eyes

https://www.planetski.eu/news/10964

https://www.valaisprive.co.uk/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@valais2, we've come to think of pilots as just bus drivers. Thank you for posting that to remind us great unwashed that driving in two dimensions kills thousands of people every year but pilots carry us in three dimensions, often with very limited visibility and still keep us safe. Ryanair et all have a lot to answer for to the loss of respect to the profession Evil or Very Mad
Yet we still revere doctors who in general when they make a mistake will only harm one. A pilot's mistake can kill hundreds.

I'm enormously grateful to both professions, I just wish they were treated with the same respect by their industries.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting idea but I predict it will fail. There's a clue on the picture of the plane on the home page - they have blanked out the plane's registration (that black oval) and I suspect it means they don't own it yet.

Bit of sleuthing and it is this 16 year old Dornier 328: https://www.duncanaviation.aero/aircraft-sales/N452FJ

What's the betting the purchase price s approx 32 x £10k? or £3.2m to put it another way. Sounds about right.

The £1200 pa management fee no doubt covers head office costs (wages mainly) and the unspecified ticket cost covers running costs of the plane itself.

Getting 32 people to part with £10k for a service that only goes to/from one destination isn't going to be easy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque wrote:
@valais2, we've come to think of pilots as just bus drivers. Thank you for posting that to remind us great unwashed that driving in two dimensions kills thousands of people every year but pilots carry us in three dimensions, often with very limited visibility and still keep us safe. Ryanair et all have a lot to answer for to the loss of respect to the profession Evil or Very Mad
Yet we still revere doctors who in general when they make a mistake will only harm one. A pilot's mistake can kill hundreds.

I'm enormously grateful to both professions, I just wish they were treated with the same respect by their industries.

Lol.

A big airplane flies itself ~98% of the time.

A pilot just steps on the gas at takeoff and brakes it on landing.

If it gets a bit cloudy, they just press the autoland button.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pruman wrote:
Interesting idea but I predict it will fail. There's a clue on the picture of the plane on the home page - they have blanked out the plane's registration (that black oval) and I suspect it means they don't own it yet.

Bit of sleuthing and it is this 16 year old Dornier 328: https://www.duncanaviation.aero/aircraft-sales/N452FJ

What's the betting the purchase price s approx 32 x £10k? or £3.2m to put it another way. Sounds about right.

The £1200 pa management fee no doubt covers head office costs (wages mainly) and the unspecified ticket cost covers running costs of the plane itself.

Getting 32 people to part with £10k for a service that only goes to/from one destination isn't going to be easy.

It's a pretty good deal if you're a hardcore skier who weekends all season in Western Switzerland, like Verbier.

A private jet from Sion to London, one-way, is currently around US$3-8k, depending on size of plane and time of week or day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pruman, isn't 32 x 10k Only 320k, rather than 3.2m?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@toyah807, there are 320 shares. 10k buys 1/320
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
toyah807 wrote:
@Pruman, isn't 32 x 10k Only 320k, rather than 3.2m?

Yes, well spotted, my '0' key is right where I spilt my tea. The issue is the same - finding 320 avid skiers with £10k +++ to burn, who all live/work near LCY and who want to ski in the Sion area all the time, isn't going to be too easy. It's not going to fly is it?

And then factor in the occasional diversion due to Sion being a Cat C airport surrounded by mountains, and you may as well fly scheduled to Geneva and jump on the train to Martigny.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A very risky proposition on its own (buys you shares of a company with a one plane operation then extra unquantified ticket costs), let alone the track record of the proposers.

But if you're a regular visitor to ski Switzerland then maybe you're up for dropping £10k from which you may get no return.

Maybe a pitch to those time poor bankers who can take the company limo to the city airport. Surely will be a must have corporate membership.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy