Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Snowboarders interested in the Snowheads Spring Off-piste Bash?

Poster: A snowHead
I did the Pre-Birthday Bash last year and really enjoyed it.

I'm very interested in the SOPiB this season along with my friend and wondered if any other side-plankers on here fancied it? I know ability levels will vary but it would be cool to get a snowboarder (friendly) group/guide.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's always been a few, Duracell Bunny is the fastest boarder off the lift I've come across - nearly as fast as he talks. No sitting on his back bottom! The rabbit is well known in these parts and no slouch off the piste. A group of similar standard will be tough - it's not easy from 30 odd skiers, but we all know how much Admin likes problem solving snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I met The Rabbit, Flavio and a couple of others at the PreBB and we discussed this with Admin over some bombardinos! Hopefully those guys are up for it and Admin can work some magic
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I read this when posted and was interested, but can't commit to it and am not sure it's right for me, or more to the point that I'd be right for it. I just now figured I should at least register some interest though.

A lot would depend on the levels of any group that might form. I can keep up with most on pistes and enjoy side piste stuff when it's easily accessible but unless I got some proper experience on the Pre and BB weeks I'd be learning it properly on the bash. I've only recently bought avi gear but only have the basic training that was offered free on the EoSB this year (which was a truly fantastic idea btw, thanks snowheads).

Basically, while I'm a fairly quick learner and can keep my head in a 'situation', I really wouldn't want to be the weak link in a group.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Biggest "situation" you'll likely face is the Rabbit trolling you into some dreadful coral reef on the basis you might as well suffer as much as him.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://flic.kr/p/SNXi2R.
https://flic.kr/p/RHN4NA
As the Rabbit's room mate last year I sure he won't mind me reposting Ken's pictures.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Biggest "situation" you'll likely face is the Rabbit trolling you into some dreadful coral reef on the basis you might as well suffer as much as him.

My biggest worry with the Rabbit would be him introducing me to yet another cheese or drink, rendering me too fat and inebriated to ride:D
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've not really thought much about the coming season yet (apart from the Japanese question) but I can usually be persuaded back to Serre Che... Cool We had a good snowboard-friendly group last year, despite it being infiltrated by a couple of skiers.

P.S. @jjams82, try Taleggio... wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Give me another season to find my feet, and I'd be up for this. As @jjams82 said, wouldn't want to be a weak link! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Harrison the Rabbit, Me just now - What's Taleggio... Google... "semisoft, washed-rind, smear-ripened Italian cheese" - "thin crust and a strong aroma, but its flavor is comparatively mild with an unusual fruity tang"....

YES.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Robin Agogo, I too might be needing another season to be ready for the big stuff - I must try tag along with some knowledgeable off piste folks on bashes this season and soak up some skills. We should team up for some tentative probing off piste if we end up on the same trips.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jjams82, indeed, let's make a concerted effort to learn this offpiste business, not just pratt about as we always do! 😀
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yep:D
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be running some clinics at the PSB, would be good to make at least one an off-piste/variables session.

Admin also wants to do some more avalanche safety training, so will be getting involved in that too.

I'd be keen to get involved with the SOPB, but I've already got plans that week. I did hear there's a snowhead who runs all kinds of snowboard-specific off-piste camps and offers a Snowheads discount...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah, whatsis name, Steve something.. snowHead
snow report
Booger Evil or Very Mad I'm tired, grumpy, old, fat and ugly . . . I'll not be slim nor fit enough for next year's SOPB . . . BUT . . . as long as god takes a break from laughing at me, I'll point my pecker at spring 2019 Toofy Grin
snow report
@leggyblonde, great idea! Never been to a bash but this one has been on my radar for years! Never went bcz of the uncertainty around number/level of boarders...If I'm free and price is right, I would be up for it...
ski holidays
I might be interested...I am in Morzine that weekend but could probably make it down to SC late on Saturday ready for 11th.

I'm a strong intermediate, but that's been the case for about 10 years so I reckon that's as good as i am going to get. Sad I usually do at least one day guided off piste each trip. I'm less worried about skill as I am about having the speed and fitness to keep up.

If the main groups are too much for me, and if it is acceptable to the trip organiser, I'd be prepared to hire another guide at my level for a few days and be happy to split that with anyone in the same boat.
snow report
Hey all - brand new snowhead here. Just joined the forum and read about SOPiB and it sounds great! Anyone have a link to the 2018 event page?
ski holidays
@budchawla, buttons for this aren't yet up.
snow conditions
thanks @Hells Bells, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!
snow report
For sure Duracell Bunny is up for more snowboarding at the Off piste Spring Bash again😀😀😀😀😀👍
ski holidays
I am also a brand new registered snowboarder (strong intermediate) keen to join in the fun on the Spring Bash!
snow report
@Nicki.parnell, welcome to Snowheads, it's always great to have more boarders joining in, you'll find everyone is very welcoming. Very Happy Those of us not quite at the level for this shall be very interested to see what the off piste bash is like once we skill up!
snow conditions
Quote:

Those of us not quite at the level for this shall be very interested to see what the off piste bash is like once we skill up!

Well I'm hoping you don't exactly have to be Xavier De Le Rue! 12 weeks experience for me including a UCPA half-time off piste-week, a day at La Grave and the Freeride Days weekend at Les Diablerets.

If I'm not up to scratch there's always this:

Quote:

If the main groups are too much for me, and if it is acceptable to the trip organiser, I'd be prepared to hire another guide at my level for a few days and be happy to split that with anyone in the same boat.

And I'm still waiting for those buttons....
latest report
@leggyblonde, pah! You'll be fine!

It's the likes of us on 5 weeks and the odd foray into the side-piste (which always seem to end in crawling out of a snowdrift) that need to worry! I'm actually doing the Onyx camp in La Plagne in December, hopefully there'll be a bit of off piste there Very Happy
snow report
My flights are booked, so that’s two of us. Just waiting for buttons now!
snow report
As a very late follow-up to this, there were enough snowboarders for our own group and it was brilliant! Vast amounts of snow helped and Richard, our guide, was a legend. I'd say the minimum level was maybe a bit more than playing off the sides but not much more for most of it. Everything from mellow powder fields to trees and a few couloirs. Plenty of it was black slope steepness but as the snow was so great I'm sure it was often easier than a black piste! Fitness was probably more of an issue for the weaker members of the group over technique. Only a few short hikes were needed and a some leg-burning traverses but people took half days off here and there or headed back early which worked well all round. Camaraderie was strong and the snowboard group has already sold out for the next bash!

And the rotate function never seems to work for me on Snow Media Zone! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Though d'admin handed me back my nuts on a necklace when I asked him if I might get the chance to for a swap groups and use my board if there's an opening on the self-harm bashes . . . I'll still bring it as we're not locked in 24/7 and do have a bit of time for some free slididing Toofy Grin
latest report
That's looking absolutely brilliant!
latest report
Ha - so last year I said...

brokenbetty wrote:
I might be interested...I am in Morzine that weekend but could probably make it down to SC late on Saturday ready for 11th.

And this year I am back in Morzine with the same people for the same week and that is exactly what I am doing!
ski holidays
@brokenbetty, perfect warm-up!
latest report
This needs a bump Toofy Grin

Any snowboarders interested for this season, send me a PM
snow conditions
Just joined. Looking at the Pre-Birthday Bash, if I can get one of the last rooms sorted, any other boarders going / up for the trip? Last week of Jan......PM me if interested Very Happy
latest report
@leggyblonde, Up for a late Jan trip? looking at the Pre Birthday Bash atm...
snow report
@charliesayz, I've already booked onto the offpiste bash, you should join if you can! I can't do January too Crying or Very sad
snow report
Well its official on the event page, there are boarder places available. If you had been worried about holding people up, or being held up, now is the time to join. Two groups of sideways sliders!
snow conditions
Just had another read through...

"you should be comfortable with anything a black run might throw at you."

I can't claim that yet, but we're off in a fortnight, and I will chuck myself at a few and see how it feels. Blacks have been firmly categorised as "rideable in reasonable conditions" for me after the last trip, or alternatively "just about survivable in crap conditions".

Would also need to invest in kit and education. Think that means it's my target for next year, which is great for shaping my efforts this year!

Soon...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy