Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing 8th of april in europe- is it too late

Poster: A snowHead
i have a week off from the 8th of april and would like to get in a week of skiing, anyone know if there is likely to be snow anywhere at this time or is it too late, someone suggested that they get pretty late snow around cervinia and zermatt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can get good late snow anywhere. I'm not aware of anywhere with a particular reputation for good late snow. For once I would suggest go high - Tignes, etc.

We're certainly hoping to be in Morzine for Easter (13-17 April).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You should be fine in any of the high resorts. Better still - book late and see where is good. 8th April isn't that late....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers, where would you suggest as one of the high resorts, while trying to keep fairly budget
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree. Tour Operators like to give the impression it's late only because they have to shut down their operations in the mountains to get their people ready for the chav season by the beach. Skiing is May is quite possible.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers again, can anyone suggest somewhere in italy, we might fly to milan, myself and the missus, looking for somewhere fairly lively
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
if flying to Milan then you're better off heading to the resorts North of there it will add about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to go to the North West area. Flying into Turin leaves everything open really and really short transfers to the north western resorts - where the Olympics are. But no idea on late snow conditions/history there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It better not be too late....I've got a weekend booked for 29th April- 1st May!

Leave it tp last minute and get a deal...there will be lots around
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's not that late, and with a bit of luck you should have good snow. Be aware that 8th April is school holidays for many places, so I wouldn't leave it late to book just in case you can't book your preferred travel or resort arrangements.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
On a similar note, we're booked into Heavenly for April 8th for a week (wish I was there now!). From past experience can anyone say if the conditions there likely to be good (i.e. plenty of snow and no rain!)?. We were in Morzine/Avoriaz last year 25th March to April 1st, and the snow was getting very thin and we had two days of rain!).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bondiblues wrote:
i have a week off from the 8th of april and would like to get in a week of skiing, anyone know if there is likely to be snow anywhere at this time or is it too late, someone suggested that they get pretty late snow around cervinia and zermatt

I too am off for a week on this date and am sure there will be snow left. Had a weekend last season at the end of April and had some of the best snow all season.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hopefully I'm off to Saas Fee or somewhere similar for Easter. Talking to some of the guys in Champery, they sometimes get wintery storms and dumps in late April and that's a low area... snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bondiblues, not too late at all, we always ski the last week in April in La Rosiere, never less than 60cms of snow at village level, a couple of the lowest runs closed but that's all and there's often a late snowfall, we've even found fresh powder on occasions. We have space that week in our chalet, see our ad in snowShops or go to our website www.tracksvacations.com for details, you'll find the Ski Club's historical snow records for La Rosiere there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bondiblues, Flaine seems to be the most consistent resort for late dumps of snow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
one suggestion go as high as you can as the snow will be better than o lower resort
latest report
Just booked flights to Turin for 9th - 16th April. £66 inc all taxes, pretty good. Will sort a resort nearer the time depending on snow conditions & offers. Can't be any worse snow than late March in Serre Che last year... can it? Puzzled
snow report
bondiblues wrote:
i have a week off from the 8th of april and would like to get in a week of skiing, anyone know if there is likely to be snow anywhere at this time or is it too late....................

For the sake of the EOSB, I sure hope not snowHead
ski holidays
bondiblues.
I've skied more in April than any other month in the past 10-15 years. Snow depths above 2000m are usually at their maximum in early to mid April, so in no way is it a risky month.

Try Les Arcs, Zermatt, Val d'Isere, Tignes, Val Thorens, St Moritz, Saas Fee, Hintertux, Stubai (Neustift), Gressoney/Alagna (Monterosa ski area)

Can recommend them all, particularly Zermatt, Les Arcs and Val/Tignes. Tignes and Zermatt have the more extensive glaciers, with huge ski expanses if the sub-glacier skiing is good. Hintertux is particularly good for glacier piste skiing, but not so much of an all-mountain ski area.
latest report
Try Madonna di Camiglio if you want to be in Italy. I've skied there in the first week of April before in superb conditions ... the only problem was that half of the lifts from the town were closed! and we had to drive about a mile out of town to get to a lift; however you shouldn't have that problem this year with Easter being late. Madonna quite often gets good late snow.
snow report
I think that another good place to ski in april can be SOLDEN! It's quite high,
latest report
bondiblues, If you looked a bit later in April we may even tempt you to The BLAM or, The EoSB ???
snow conditions
Axsman,

from a post I did on another thread, in answer to your question

"Generally you will find early April sees a number of areas winding down-usually lack of people as opposed to snow- but still loads of skiing available. Tahoe, Mammoth, most of the Utah resorts, Whistler, Banff will all still be open . All of these areas should be large enough to keep you interested for a couple of weeks with some days off. The benefit is lowish crowds and most likely nice weather- at Tahoe last year it was glorious sunny weather in early April and there was still a fair amount of snow as they had been dumped on big style in early March. Often you can strike lucky and get fairly significant new snow in a storm - we have had that in April at Tahoe 2/3 times and at Whistler. "

We were in Mammoth last year in early April and had loads of snow, both in terms of base and new snow. There was no rain, it was either sunny or snowing
snow report
Another reason to consider Solden - it's got a glacier!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy