Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

no search in this forum? . looking for advice on snowboard length

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I searched for 'search' option, but can't find it..

I'm looking for advice on my snowboard length. I am intermediate boarder and I don't do pipes, just rails and small jumps.

I looked around google but most of the tip says "If you weigh between 130-180 .. get 158cm" .. personally I don't think that's helpful considering how wide the range is.

I weigh 140 pounds now, but my normal weight is 150 . I'm 179cm tall .

I was riding on my friends' 154 board , I just tried 160cm today and i had real hard time making a turn Shock

should I stick to 160 and get use to it? or go down to 157 ish?

thanks in adv.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi....... Try this site. www.snowboardlengthcalculator.com Hope this is helpful to you. Little Angel Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
larciel, on the home page, once you've logged in, top left of the screen just under the lovely pic is a User Facilities option - search is under there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most boards will give you a guide as to which length to get for your weight.

Based on your measurements, you are quite tall but light (compared to me, anyway!). I ride a 161 and I would say that the 160 is a bit too big (without knowing the board). 156-158 would suit you better for your weight for general all mountain riding. If you are doing rails and spins, you probably want to look at 154-156 depending on the board.

Aa a general rule, a longer board is harder to turn but is more stable at speed.

Welcome to snowHeads, by the way! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
larciel, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

You can get to the search using this link:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I too would have suggested something in the 156-158 range for all mountain.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thank you all, and yes I've found the search link, but it sure was well hidden Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
156-159.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy