Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Orange Brits to feature extreme 'drop in' quarter pipe event

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Orange Brits - billed as "Britain's biggest national snow sport event" - will have a new competition "never before attempted in Europe", according to the organisers.

The event, in Laax (Switzerland) from 11 to 18 March, will feature a quarter pipe into which "skiers and snowboarders jump from a crane platform suspended high above ... to land safely away."

This photo impression explains what the 'drop-in' means:
http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/grafix/events/2006/brits/OrangeAirTime3.jpg

The organisers further explain:
Quote:
Starting at the qualifying height of five metres above the quarter pipe, the competitors jump one by one. Each round the platform is heightened by 1 metre, until only one remains. Competitors are eliminated by either falling upon landing or bowing out. The crane is able to extend to twenty metres high (equivalent to a 6 storey building), which would be a new world record.

Full details of the event are in this press release.

The official website: http://www.aimseries.com

Anyone going to be there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am... I can't wait.

It's the best event of the year, and so much fun for everyone, not just the competitors..

If you get a chance, go...

You won't regret it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy