Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What proportion of skiers/boarders are now using helmets?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
davidof,

I don't wear one yet but I think you will be right ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Sharkymark, It's not that simple. There can be space between the core and shell by intent (for ventilation, for one). For an example, take a look at some of the transparent Leedoms when you have a chance. I found a crack of the core from the inside.

Imaging solid-body sonar, now. How good is your moveout/stacking freeware?

comprex, didn't realise that Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apologies for bringing in a rather unrelated topic, but I have horses, when I first started riding many years ago... it was quite acceptable to jump (or clamber) onto the horse with no saddle/bridle and certainly not a hat to bring them in from a field. I cannot remember the last time I saw a person ride a horse without a safety hat without drawing criticism for doing so. Also, the advice for riding hats is that it is impossible to tell if a hat has been damaged in a fall and therefore a hat should always be replaced after any fall, what is the use in wearing a hat if you cant be sure that it isnt damaged? best to be safe than sorry.

I also remember that when we were kids no one wore a helmet to ride a bike, whereas I am fairly sure everyone does now. ( I rather suspect anyone wearing a hat on a bike would have been bullied. By the way I fractured my head when I was about 8 after a rather nasty bike accident) rolling eyes

We went to val disere earlier this onth, and i cant recall seeing any skiers with helmets, but I would say half of the snowboarders had them. If I see someone wearing a helmet, I usually expect them to be good, its the snowboarders doing the rails and jumps and stuff that have helmets, therefore it will look good and therefore people will want to wear them... it will just be part of the usaul ski gear (or should I say snowboard?)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy