Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets Ski School Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads

After a very helpful topic pointing my towards Les Gets I'm now on the hunt for a good instructor. We are going to be going over the new year (her birthday is the 31st Dec) so would be looking at 2x 2hr private lessons on the 1st and 2nd Jan then a free ski on the 3rd and 4th.

Assuming there is availability I have the following options that I can see:
BASS (~£95ph)
PDS Academy (~£75ph)
LGS (~80ph)

Have any of you had experience with any of these? She is a complete beginner, ill try and get her onto a dry slope to get the very basics but as long as she can at least have a bash at a blue slope thatll be good. They all look good and reviews all seem ok.

Thanks
Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Al those are good options, also have a look at The Snow Institute. Sally or Ali would both be great if you wanted a sympathetic female instructor.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will do @rob@rar.

Thanks for the advice (again)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ali at snow institute is really good as are all the guys at pds academy. Some of the schools only run limited private lessons over new year though at awkward times as there is such a demand for group lessons so worth organising this early as options may be limited for private lessons
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always recommend ESi to guests. Very entertaining bunch of guys and girls, and great value at 45 EUR per hour for private lessons in low season. They run 10 week courses every season for the kids in local schools for just 100 eur (25 hours of lessons).

http://www.ecoledeski360.com/snowboard-lesson-les-gets.php
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As mentioned above by @langball, this lot at 360 are very good. We now book them for grandchildren and they have good fun. We have also used BASS and LGS, no complaints there either. 360 are a bit more reasonably priced.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers for the heads up, better put our prices up hehe!

Most of the difference between to top and bottom of the market is the ability to employ partially qualified instructors. All the GB schools have to employ fully qual'd instructors so price is always higher.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had excellent lessons from John Arnold at BASS.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy