Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire or Bus - Arabba?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Clearly there is a lot of Dolomites related knowledge among SH's, in particular about my chosen accomm Garni Bellavista. Just deciding whether to hire a car or get bus/ taxi transfer. Happy with the bus if staying local all week, but I would love to visit Kronplatz so considering hiring a car so that we can drive there during the week. So my question is.....from experience (as opposed to the Google maps estimate) how long would it take to drive to the Piculin Gondola at 8am in January, and is it much quicker than a ski/lift/ bus cross country trip?
Thanks in advance for any help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@toyah807, To be honest the bus link is fine. Just ski from Arabba to La Villa and take the chairs across to the bus link, then back via the same way from Piculin. It's probably a long day , but I suppose it depends on how long you want to ski the Kronplatz area as to whether it's worth a hire car. Much more fun skiing across but probably an early afternoon start to get back.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends on weather too, and how quickly people ski to get over to LaVilla and back.
45mins or so each way by car I'd guess, assuming clear roads and no snow forecast.
I wouldn't do it if it's tanking it down.
Definitely check the bus times though from Piculin to La Villa.
Certain sH also have some experience of Taxis from either Corvara or Campolongo to Arabba, due to messing up the last lift time Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A lot depends on the days to arrive. I've stayed once in the bellavista and it is good. A wee bit up the hill but fine so if you are happy trudging bags up there then fine. If you are thinking about taking a car then you need to think.... can you beat the other guests to the parking spaces.

I always now take a car but I get them for peanuts on airmiles (I get about 250-300k/year). Without airmiles etc I would always take the bus Happy

The reason I would go for a car would be if I was going to arrive early on friday and head up there on friday night. The reason is... saturday is transfer day. so the slopes are empty. The best skiing day in the dolomites IMHO. Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy