Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resorts from Geneva for weekend trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Klammertime wrote:
...Les Houches is a fun spot for a weekend and only 35 mins or so from Geneva...

How fast do you drive?! Shocked I'd have said 45min at best, and that's from the closest side of Geneva, not the airport - especially now there are often lower speed restrictions in place on the Autoroute Blanche for pollution
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@fixx, what's your recommendation for the best transfer company Geneva-Chamonix?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle wrote:
@fixx, what's your recommendation for the best transfer company Geneva-Chamonix?

Eeek, that's a loaded question Laughing

Mountain Dropoffs - great, friendly lot. Easy to deal with, always on time, and good value - my number one choice.

HATE Alpybus after they changed my booking once with no notice, and were very rude about it. ChamExpress - fine, but no need to pay their prices most of the time.

I do frequently use Easybus too - depending on where I need to be and when. I've never personally had an issue with them, over many journeys - but I've heard the horror stories. I'd not use them with tight timings, late night runs, or when I have heavy luggage and want a door to door service. But the rest of the time - no problem. I'm booked with them in a couple of weeks, as there's no serious time pressure either way if they're running a bit late.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@fixx, thank you! Going in February, good to know.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ChamExpress=EasyBus

We recommend Alpybus and Haute Transfer. CVT have nice looking vans.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PaulC1984 wrote:
Why Geneva?? Head to Turin and you are on the Matterhorn in 1.5hrs.....

Cervinia side I assume??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bar shaker,

Wow! Arrival in Val D 2.5 hours after touching down. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister wrote:
bar shaker,

Wow! Arrival in Val D 2.5 hours after touching down. Very Happy

With hand luggage only, Europcar speedy collection and a motorway toll fob... then yes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Wow! Arrival in Val D 2.5 hours after touching down....With hand luggage only, Europcar speedy collection and a motorway toll fob... then yes
Who's driving? And driving what? Lewis Hamilton in his F1?! Laughing Laughing Laughing

On about 25 trips, the fastest we've ever done Tignes - from pulling away from the airport (and not the plane landing) is 2hrs 30m. It's more typically 2hrs 45m. And even with hand luggage only, we've never pulled out of the airport in less than 30 mins from landing - endless corridors...queue at the passport desk...

So, just how long does the race...sorry drive to Val D, take out of interest? Albertville to Tignes is 75 mins in light traffic - so from the plane landing you can get to Albertville in 75 mins? Er, okay....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bar shaker, from wheels down? No chance. 30 mins min just to get to the rental desk.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Did a weekend (Friday night to Sunday night) at Led Contamines this year.

There's a report on here. Easily drivable from Geneva.

Don't know about the nightlife but skiing would be suitable for your group.

Clearly I love Les Contamines but I couldn't honestly recommend it to someone who said nightlife was a priority!
Weekend convenience and mix of skiing for a mixed ability group - sure. Oh and if Megeve skiing is quiet versus Morzine and Chamonix (probably fair) then Les Contamines is very quiet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Wow! Arrival in Val D 2.5 hours after touching down....With hand luggage only, Europcar speedy collection and a motorway toll fob... then yes
Who's driving? And driving what? Lewis Hamilton in his F1?! Laughing Laughing Laughing

On about 25 trips, the fastest we've ever done Tignes - from pulling away from the airport (and not the plane landing) is 2hrs 30m. It's more typically 2hrs 45m. And even with hand luggage only, we've never pulled out of the airport in less than 30 mins from landing - endless corridors...queue at the passport desk...

So, just how long does the race...sorry drive to Val D, take out of interest? Albertville to Tignes is 75 mins in light traffic - so from the plane landing you can get to Albertville in 75 mins? Er, okay....

Albertville is 139km and 60 minutes from GVA.

I'm guessing you sit in the middle of the aircraft, so aren't the first to the passport window otherwise I cannot see how it can take you so long to get out of the airport. Provided we aren't bussed to passport control, we normally have the car keys in around 15 minutes. Front seats on the aircraft help a lot.

I drive at or very slightly over the speed limit and use the Sans Arrete lanes at the tolls. Not everyone wants to do the same. Perhaps I should slow down a bit Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy