Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Jobs with the Lift Company.

Very good pay €2500 + free everything else (liftpass,food etc)

Www.heute.at

Open the E paper edition for today goto page 24.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
^^And people still think the UK TO chalet gigs are a fair deal Laughing

I think it's actually minimum €1556/month (after tax) + benefits, but point stands: https://www.ischgl.com/de/more/information/jobs-in-ischgl/mitarbeiter-fuer-seilbahn-und-liftanlagen_j110976
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@clarky999, I know its laughable how the UK TO slaves are being exploited & screwed over (that will change after Brexit) by their own countrymen
Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helene Fischer closing the season this year...

http://youtube.com/v/haECT-SerHk
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.ischgl.com/en/more/webcams/funpark-idalp_webcam81821 Winter is coming!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking nice and white 😀 https://www.ischgl.com/en/more/webcams
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

http://youtube.com/v/rqB9j2yuHEo
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=285&start=5100#p5133438
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
New Operation Centre in Ischgl.

Only appointed construction company in May, tight schedule to complete by 23 Novemeber

http://www.tt.com/panorama/gesellschaft/13572745-91/f%C3%BCr-erste-eins%C3%A4tze-zum-ischgler-saisonstart-ger%C3%BCstet.csp
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.snowplaza.de/weblog/7330-ischgl-skyfly/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

http://youtube.com/v/nMqUaVkBlaU
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like they’ve started preparing the piste and fun park
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@boabski, two weeks they are open
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know if the fun park and skiercross course will be set up early January? A couple of recent holiday to Kuhtai and Saalbach in early January their fun parks were still getting built (possibly lack of early snow this year in Saalbach??)
Youngest is desperate to spend a fair bit of time on it
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They will. Last season they were all open at Christmas.
snow conditions
@downhillalltheway, cheers. Downloaded the Ischgl app and looks like at least one fun park open already. Happy days
latest report
Quote:

possibly lack of early snow this year in Saalbach??

Presumably that would have applied last season to most resorts, but probably not this season (having looked at the forecast ! Madeye-Smiley )
ski holidays
Quote:

possibly lack of early snow this year in Saalbach??

Presumably that would have applied last season to most resorts, but probably not this season (having looked at the forecast ! Madeye-Smiley )

@nozawaonsen, I have a confession to make - and am almost too embarrassed to make it. The song, "Atemlos Durch Die Nacht" by Helene Fischer is the only apres-ski song that I missed so much after the ski season had ended that I actually paid i-Tunes to add it to my iPod playlist. The power of brainwashing! Embarassed
snow report
@tatmanstours, haha! Catchy tune though!

@boabski, piste bashers busy building range of new jumps today along with the jumps that are already open.

Great snow conditions. Very cold though.
snow report
Anyone out there just now? Heading out on Saturday to Kappl 😀 Just wondering how on piste conditions are
ski holidays
@boabski, we're in Kappl the week after (20th) - please do keep snowheads updated when you get there!
latest report
@Arctic Roll, will do. Looks like we’ll have hard pack pistes under blue skies for first few days followed by a couple of snowy days. That’ll do nicely
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, first day here in Kappl on snow. Conditions on piste are excellent. I was expecting sugary snow but only found that below mid station in the afternoon. Off piste looked pretty crap so stayed on piste (not that I am an off piste expert). Bluebird day, cold (ish) and hard packed powder on the slopes. Hitting Ischgl tomorrow whilst the sun is shining. (Our daughter brought her total beginner pal with her so not getting too much mileage but the black runs are awesome)
ski holidays
@boabski, sounds like you've had a good first day. Which hotel are you in in Kappl?
snow conditions
Alpenfrieden. Right on the piste. Stayed here 6 years ago too. Great value. Where are you staying
latest report
The Dorfstadtl (?sp) - about 6 years ago they sold some rooms to individuals to fund an expansion, so people we know bought a few, and knocked through to create some rather nice apartments. We've got a 6 and a 4 bed respectively.

So we are s/c, but within a hotel so can use the facilities or buy into the restaurant if we want to have meals there.
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, looks really nice. Think you’ll have a small walk to piste. Skied Ischgl yesterday. Snow was in great condition. Our daughter brought along a friend with us - complete beginner other than a set of lessons at dry slope and a couple of times to Braehead - big mistake. Skiing a fraction of what we’d normally do. Kuhstall was jumping yesterday. Snowed all day today and 50cm or so forecast tomorrow. Snow was great up top but vis was crap. Thankfully me and my wife are off to Stuben in March with some couples for 4 days of skiing so will make up for it then 😀
snow report
Anyone arriving this weekend?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JimboS, yes - me & 9 others on a boys trip. See above.

I say "boys"... Its probably about time we started re-classifying: the youngster of the group turns 50 this year.
OTOH, I'm sure there are some who will be attempting to relive past glories.
snow report
Me and 4 chums arriving Sunday. Looking forward to some great skiing. First time in resort - normally find our way to Zillertal so will be nice to compare. Staying a Silvretta. Maybe see you in the Kuhstall! Very Happy
snow report
@boabski, looks like as well as the snowfall, it is getting a bit chilly. Is there much wind up in Ischgl?
ski holidays
Everything closed at moment - both in Kappl and Ischgl from what I can see. Thought they’d open the gondola here in Kappl as only showing 10kmph wind versus over 100 at top. Not a breath of wind here at resort level. Ah well that’s the way the jobby splatters I suppose.
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, 10 of us too, all also 50+
snow report
Sounds a bit like (I think it was) Tuesday last week where we ended up wind-locked down at Paznauner Thaya with just the flat drag lift to get home to look forward to.

Sounds like a coffee and cake day.
snow report
If anyone's got the 5+2 ticket I can recommend a mid-week trip up to Galtur. Yes it means 20min on the bus from Ischgl (most upsetting to one of our group) but last Wednesday we had the place more or less to ourselves.
snow conditions
wib wrote:
Me and 4 chums arriving Sunday. Looking forward to some great skiing. First time in resort - normally find our way to Zillertal so will be nice to compare. Staying a Silvretta. Maybe see you in the Kuhstall! Very Happy

Likewise, 10 of us usually be in da Hoff, but arrive on Saturday for 4 nights. Hope resort is open Wink
snow report
Me and 4 other (50 something) 'lads' arriving Sunday to join the geriatrics convention.... 😁
latest report
Quote:

yes - me & 9 others on a boys trip.

Quote:

10 of us too, all also 50+

Quote:

Likewise, 10 of us usually be in da Hoff,

Quote:

Me and 4 other (50 something) 'lads'

sums up Ischgl.... Keeps the strip clubs going I guess... Toofy Grin
snow report
Bless you @red 27, but unfortunately it's more like:

http://youtube.com/v/-kALGhbTxdg
snow report
Must be in a different Ischgl from the one I’m in...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy