Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chairlifts to have digital screens and wifi

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got mixed feelings about this, but I do hope they don't have speakers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@shiprat, if there isn't a completely negative reaction to the screens, there soon will be. Next step, ad hoardings piste side.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John wrote:
@Mjit, where do you ski? I can't remember the last time someone sparked up on a shared lift.

Had it in both France (PdS) and Austria (Ischgl).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Driving up the cost of ski lift infrastructure and presumably debt and lift pass prices seems a risky strategy?

With climate change making the season increasingly shorter and less reliable you'd think they would want to reduce costs.....perhaps go back to cheaper surface lifts in some areas !

That would tend to improve localised conditions by limiting the numbers in some areas. Perhaps not what the majority expect these days however.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter S wrote:
Driving up the cost of ski lift infrastructure and presumably debt and lift pass prices seems a risky strategy?

I don't think any ski resort increases costs just for the hell of it, they do it to try and offer something better or that other resorts don't in order to attract visitors. According to www.skiresort.info there are 3515 ski resorts in the alps so we as customers actually have a lot of choice over where to spend our money.

Peter S wrote:
With climate change making the season increasingly shorter and less reliable you'd think they would want to reduce costs...

Reducing costs is one option but if you're seen to be going the budget route you'll tend to attract the cost conscious skiers. This isn't really what you want with a reducing season as you have less time to make your money. What you want are the more affluent skiers who are happy to buy lunch on the mountain rather than take a packed lunch and go out spending money on food and drink in the resort rather than staying in eating/drinking supplies they carried with them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
but who has an iPod anymore?

I do. I listen to podcasts in the car. I can just leave it in the car, who is going to steal an iPod?

Well Winter Park, I've visited you but I won't be doing so again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy