Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can't insure my knee problem....seeking advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Raceplate, Hmmm, "but a percentage of the Carte Neige fee goes to the local racing club" - I think it's the other way around.

To the extent of my experience (11 years of quasi-annual carte neige) - some vending clubs insist of membership fees in addition to the standard CN subs. Until recently I managed to find clubs (typically working union ones) who didn't charge memberships.

Also, previous years you didn't need medical certs if you had the previous year's card, last year, at least for online purchase everyone required med cert. (change in French law apparently).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rjs wrote:
@Raceplate, My permanent home is in the UK, I usually rent the same place in France so used that address for my FFS registration.

I think that's exactly the point. If you were to put the UK address on your FFS registration then that would be your repatriation address and you'd get no argument if that's where you want to go. Of course, if the injury is not season ending, you probably don't want to go to the UK! It's a gamble. In your scenario, I think I would declare the UK as my permanent address but for a short term injury argue that it's cheaper for them to repatriate you to your French address rather than the UK so you're covered both ways.

I always put Qatar as my permanent address on my registration. Hence when I was injured last year they were asking whether I needed an upgrade to business class from economy etc. They never questioned why a Brit wanted to go to Qatar. My real concern was whether they would view Geneva as my repatriation point rather than Doha but apart from getting the hire car back it was not an issue. I think if I had registered under my UK or La Tania addresses, it would have been much more complicated.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @Scarlet, I'll give it a look as and when I see the doctor next snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well we'll deffo have to disclose the wifes newly bum knee as she's claimed (and still claiming) for the thing, so I suspect the game is up if we tick the 'nothing to declare' box from now on...

So, anyone got any good leads on ski insurers who insure people with knee issues?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Richard_Sideways, as I said before, Fogg were fine with mine but it wasn't as serious as your wife's injury. Might still be worth a shot, but be aware that the short-term off-piste policy is very different to the annual policy that they offer, which is more of a standard travel insurance type policy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Richard_Sideways, the first year after mine i declared with snowcard. After a year it seems not to be a problem if there is no ongoing treatment...although snowcard are poor now with pre existing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Well we'll deffo have to disclose the wifes newly bum knee as she's claimed (and still claiming) for the thing, so I suspect the game is up if we tick the 'nothing to declare' box from now on...

So, anyone got any good leads on ski insurers who insure people with knee issues?

Unusual to get continued coverage once home unless you have an unusually generous insurer. Be careful with disclosure. It is far better to wait until you've got to a defined point e.g. signed off by the doctor to resume usual activites before discussing it. Otherwise the default action is often to exclude the defined joint/condition from coverage. On the bright side if you haven't got an ACL the chances of tearing it again are nil.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy