Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Serbia, Kopaonik "have you been there?"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kopaonik Ski....

Hi there Snow heads.
Some friends and I have just booked up skiing, in Serbia’ for the 26th feb we fancied somewhere different this year and so it was a bit off the cuff “not the best way to do things”, is anybody going there? Or have you been? “As I understand it it’s one of the first years back in the UK brochures” I’ve been looking around the internet for information but haven’t managed to find to much.

Any information on night life, the Ski resort general would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
UM
wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Umagamma,

Umagamma,

Go to page 5 of this section - you can navigate there at the top or bottom and there are quite a few posts there.

I went in February 2004 independently with a group organised by a Serbian friend. We had a great time and stayed in the Grand Hotel. It is extremely smoky in the whole ground floor - everyone smokes! Even the cleaners when they wonder round the rooms cleaning in the day as our friend found when she stayed at home one day because her son was unwell.

Private lessons are very cheap if you fancy them - you can arrange them yourself when there.

The lifts were a little unreliable and old when we there. One was prone to breaking down.

I believe they have got some new lifts in now and there are plans for expanding the resort with lots of investment.

Going out is fun and there are bars open to all hours and it was very cheap. You'll have a laugh in a week.

I thought that if I ever went back there I would learn to snow board because the skiing was a bit limited and much of the same so on a second week there would take advantage of the cheap tuition and do snow boarding instead. If you are at the Grand Hotel it has a great location right on the slopes and the ski hire shop in the basement. It is described as five star I think but don’t get your expectations too high. It’s absolutely fine but a lot of brown furniture and tatty curtains. It probably was four star when it was built but needed refurbishment when I was there. Nothing wrong with it but just not quite as good as you might expect from the descriptions some places. I’m not much used to five start accommodation so it was fine with me. You won’t need to bring a tuxedo or ball gowns.

When we went you could only fly to Belgrade – now I think there are flights to a nearer airport. It was the transfer from Belgrade that put me off going again – I think it was about five hours.

Have fun!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Umagamma, As aidancostello, says, there are quite a few threads about Kop on other pages. I continuously promote Serbia on these pages as Mrs Richie is from those parts. I won't harp onabout it all now as I've done that else where.....the only thing I'll say is while you're out there you must try some Rakija.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you can now fly into nis about 2 hours away from kopraonik
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i had a great week in kopaonik its realy nice there all the new lifts are up and running now and if you explore a little the sking can be veryed the black runs are nice and steep
the serbs are very nice and helpful (trying to do the best thay can to make your stay fun) including the lift staff witch you dont get in france!
the transfer to/from nis is 3 hours with snow on the road
hotel putnik is a bit crappy and is way out of town its clean and basic but i would recomend to pay a bit more and stay in clubA (grand is very nice but quiet expensive)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just a reminder to all, Serbia features on the Holiday program on bbc1 at 19:00 tonight. Nicki Chapman follows a family on their first skiing holiday, this was filmed while I was there Jan 15th-22nd.

Cheers Shane.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shane45 wrote:
Just a reminder to all, Serbia features on the Holiday program on bbc1 at 19:00 tonight. Nicki Chapman follows a family on their first skiing holiday, this was filmed while I was there Jan 15th-22nd.

Cheers Shane.

That was on last week
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
doh..Missed it ..oh well no doubt there will be a repeat
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy