Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer ski 1 day insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I wasn't sure which forum to post in..

Looking for advice on how to insure a 1 day ski in August, during our holiday to Norway? I really don't want to have to buy a week long winter sports policy, as it's just 1 day, for 2 of our party of 3. But obviously we want to be insured should we have an injury or accident. Does anyone have any experience of this? I've yet to take out any insurance policy, myself and husband have separate Nationwide Europe policies, but we'll need to have a new policy for us all, as we are taking his daughter who isn't on neither policy!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Insurance may be available with your ski pass. Email the resort. I know it's not Skistar, but for example their insurance in Norway is EUR 4.50 for adults, and EUR 3.00 for child/youth for 1-3 days, when you add it into the ski pass purchase.

Otherwise for 1 day I wouldn't bother personally. I would just make sure I have my EHIC card. I'm pretty sure if you hurt yourself on the slope they will get you down on the blood wagon or skidoo.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
micheleperry wrote:
Hi all, I wasn't sure which forum to post in..

Looking for advice on how to insure a 1 day ski in August, during our holiday to Norway? I really don't want to have to buy a week long winter sports policy, as it's just 1 day, for 2 of our party of 3. But obviously we want to be insured should we have an injury or accident. Does anyone have any experience of this? I've yet to take out any insurance policy, myself and husband have separate Nationwide Europe policies, but we'll need to have a new policy for us all, as we are taking his daughter who isn't on neither policy!

Most insurance policies give you cover for skiing FOC if it isn't the main purpose of the holiday, ie Your not going to Norway to just ski. Have a look of your terms and conditions and check it out.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both, I've just emailed the glacier to ask them.

I think we'll still need a stand alone new policy to over all 3 of us though, I think the upgrade to add a child is £40 at nationwide for annual cover. I'll be able to get all 3 of us cheaper than that on a new policy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy