Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

quick answer needed re snow train?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
have booked return tickets to Bourg, but plans have changed and now need to get off at Moutiers. Eurostar tell me that I won't be able to reboard the train at Moutiers on the way back as the ticket will say from Bourg on it, and as a consequence they want to charge me an extra £50.

I heard that Crystal et al block book tickets anyway to BSM regardless of where people get off, so the station isn't bothered by what it says on your ticket

Has anyone ever done what I want to do, and have they had a problem reboarding the train?

Ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the flyingfish, they have an I.T. rate that facilitates this - i think they may book thier train seats effectively to the end of the line . I would think if you risked it you could be charges extra at Moutiers when boarding and equally you could be charges extra if getting off after Bourg (though reckon you may get away with that one).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the flyingfish, I may be wrong, but my parents take the train down and they say the train doesn't stop at Moutiers on the way back. This is becasue they do all the passport/customs checks in Bourg.

Its only a 15 min drive down the valley so I would have thought your best bet would be to get a taxi from Moutiers to Bourg
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Guys. I know the train stops at Moutiers on the way back. This was posted in another forum - So i'll probably try and wing it:

"We had no problem catching the return Eurostar at Moutiers with B St M tickets in December. All the tour companies, such as Inghams, block book sections of the train and they issue tickets to/from B St M regardless of where you actualy get on or off"
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nickster, U can't get off after Bourg: it's the end of the line

wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the flyingfish, check the local trains from Moûtiers to BsM and you may be able to nip up the valley by train to catch your train about 5Eu.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the flyingfish, Is the THE snow train or the direct Eurostar to BSM?.....if its the overnight snowtrain with disco and sleepers then you'll be fine, we did exactly what you are planning, booked to BSM, but a change of resort meant we wanted to go to Moutiers. We just informed the snowtrain people at St Pancras of our plans when we checked in and they were fine about it.

If it's the Direct Eurostar then I have no idea.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apologies for the horrendous necro but has anyone risked this and succeeded?

I'm in a similar situation for 2018, where I thought I could hedge my bets and buy my train ticket to BSM and on my return leg get on at Moutiers if plans changed and I wanted to ski the 3v... Now i'm not so sure...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris - The place that is visited on the way but not the way back is Aime (due to no scanning machines I think). The train stops at Moutiers both ways.

I am surprised that Eurostar are not letting someone get on Moutiers with a ticket from Bourg. I would phone again in case the person you spoke to got it wrong.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy