Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb Half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

A few friends and I are looking to to ski feb half term next year and are not sure who to book through and where to go. Ideally we'd like a chalet or
a couple of apartments. Could anyone point us in the right direction please?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @phildyer18 snowHead
That's rather an open question - where do you want to go: ie. which country, party-town/family friendly, low-budget/exclusive, cruisey-blues/gnarly offpiste

Half term traditionally gets a lot of early bookings but last season, for the first time, I saw late availability for the week - so maybe things have changed a little? I wouldn't bank on that though.

Most tour ops will have offerings if you're willing to pay the price.
I dare say there may even be actual snowHeads with space in their own chalets that week.

But, to get meaningful advice, I suggest you narrow it down a little Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having read my original post I did think I was slightly too vague.
There are 10 of us who range in ability from people who have only had 1 weeks experience to those who have 7/8.
Our budget is £800-£1100 and would preferably have ski hire and lift pass included. As for a setting we would prefer a good apres ski selection but understand that with the budget it is almost a case of taking what we can get.
Having done some research it seems to be the France, Italy and Bulgaria are our only viable destinations.

Hope this is a bit more informative Blush
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To keep the cost down one obvious route is self-catering, and it's true that that's less obviously available in Austria - but it does exist. If you can DIY a package there is far more choice than you will find on the Tour Operators sites.

If you can drive - that keeps the costs down too. Flights at half term are very expensive.

English half term always coincides with French school holidays - Italy or Austria might be preferable. But, against that, you will find some very good deals available at UCPA centres in France, through the Action Outdoors website. Many of their holidays include everything. You won't do it cheaper yourself, and you will probably eat better too.

If it has to be a school holiday you might look at Christmas or Easter - lower prices and far less crowded - though New Year not so good on either score.

£800 to include lift pass and ski hire is very ambitious for half term. Virtually impossible, I'd say, even if you never go into a bar (which is another key way of keeping costs down.....)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It might be worth your while looking at Sunweb Ski http://ski.sunweb.co.uk/

I mention them as they offer lift passes in the price. It would be a DIY as they mainly list self catering and you'd have to do the leg work for getting to the resort. Obviously including the lift pass goes a step to keeping the overall cost down.

I've had 5 holidays where the organiser has used them for the accommodation and the travel has been drive all the way, drive/train, train all the way, fly/train. For what I paid overall I certainly would consider using them if a group is involved.

I might have what I paid lying around somewhere, if so I'll edit the post later with further details.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@phildyer18, unfortunately I also think a maximum budget of £1100 for half term incl ski hire and lift pass is overly ambitious for France and Italy.
Bulgaria or Slovenia more realistic options. Good luck.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
intermediate wrote:
@phildyer18, unfortunately I also think a maximum budget of £1100 for half term incl ski hire and lift pass is overly ambitious for France and Italy.
Bulgaria or Slovenia more realistic options. Good luck.

Though having been to Bansko for U.K. Half term 2016, the resort was exceedingly busy, queues of over 1hr just to get up the gondola every morning, then of course once up there far too many people on most the pistes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think Rob from InSideOut Skiing has an apartment, you could contact him
http://www.insideoutskiing.com/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy