Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar Ski Train 2017/2018 tickets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just received notification from Eurostar that Ski Train tickets go on sale from:

8am Wednesday 19 July
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After my experience of the Eurostar for a short weekend break in Paris, I would rather travel on horseback to the Alps than the Eurostar. Absolute farce from start to finish. Never ever again will I use it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ricklovesthepowder, if you want Absolute Farce then you should try the Eurotunnel terminal at Calais.

All travel systems have their bad days, whether its air, car, boat or plane.
I've had a few chaos days with the Eurostar, but on the whole still prefer it to all other ways of getting to Paris.

Have you posted details of your experience?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am not sure if things have changed for this winter but last year Eurostar were using their two oldest trains for the ski train and I heard that they broke down a few times. On the positive side at least if your Eurostar breaks down you get a decent amount of compensation towards the cost of next year's ticket.

We have never had any issues with the Eurotunnel terminal at Calais but have always been in possession of Flexi plus tickets bought in a package with the accommodation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Love it. Would do it every year if the end point was where I was going.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You have to be fairly desperate for extra skiing time to go to the Alps by Eurostar.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Doesn't sound good. What was the problem? All first hand experiences?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would do it if i didn't have so much sh!7 to take. Gave up flying to ski years ago and have just tried this very weekend going to my place in the Tarentaise using the Eurostar to Lyon and hiring a car. The only down sides have been Lyon Part Dieu which is a pants place to wait for any time, and the fiddly 'border crossing' at Lille. Maybe I should pre-position all my gear at the pre-season bash and recover it to Blighty after the EOSB, taking a couple of train-ski trips in between. Problem is, the tickets are going on sale Wednesday and I have the planning horizon of a goldfish.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles wrote:
You have to be fairly desperate for extra skiing time to go to the Alps by Eurostar.
You can choose between the daytime (6 days skiing) and overnight (8 days skiing) service, and many people consider the former to be pleasanter than flying. The trains tend to be fairly full, so enough people must think it worthwhile.

Main downside is that it only really works for people relatively close to London, who want to go to the Tarentaise.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
After my experience of the Eurostar for a short weekend break in Paris, I would rather travel on horseback to the Alps than the Eurostar. Absolute farce from start to finish. Never ever again will I use it.
I had my fair share this Feb, albeit the Eurotunnel rather than the Eurostar.
The booked tickets have a 2 hour + or - of the actual time on them, this allows for any problems with the journey getting to the port. Last year we drove from Chatel to return home with plenty of time to spare, we had a booked time of around 8:00pm to be at the tunnel. The car had a problem and we had to call the motorway emergency services, they fixed it but it took a good couple of hours. Then there were also 3 motorway crashes (nothing to do with me Smile ) on the route each one causing long queues, this was compounded by heavy rain. We finally get to the port miraculously still within our 2 hour window only to be told there are no more trains running until around 2:00am. WTF!, they advertise it as being 24hr/ every 20/40 minutes. So we sit in the terminal for a further 4 hours with all the shops/cafes shut except a Costa coffee. Not best pleased. Mad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Same day . . . but I'm not the one who just pooped a brick wink

yup . . . I'm running . . . as fast as I can . . .
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles wrote:

It's a piece of wee wee for me. Far less hassle than flying. Sit around, read, sleep. Arrive 30 mins from resort for quick bus or taxi. Depends on the level of hassle it is at the respective ends of your journey I guess.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ecureuil wrote:
achilles wrote:
You can choose between the daytime (6 days skiing) and overnight (8 days skiing) service, and many people consider the former to be pleasanter than flying. The trains tend to be fairly full, so enough people must think it worthwhile.

They must indeed. I don't; not everybody is the same. Eurostar is fine as far as Paris. But my memories of going to Moutiers are something else. Seats beome increasingly hard on the bum, drunks wandered up and down the aisle to late into the night, and sleep was near impossible. You are welcome to the extra skiing. Mind you, I am of a certain age, which doubtless colours my view Wink

My preference for train to the French Alps is Eurostar to Paris, and then TGV by day, and preferably 1st class (which didn't seem to be all that expensive if booked in advance). I must admit I fly these days, though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy