Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solution to nightmare car-parking at Gatwick?

Poster: A snowHead
Using Gatwick - Geneva twice a month, we're forever looking at difference between a taxi and the unattractive parking near LGW. NCP is a particularly unpleasant prospect.

Has anyone tried:

http://www.pink-meetandgreet.co.uk/

They charge £40/week or £65/fortnight for valet parking at both terminals. Seems a good deal, and trying them out Monday.

Boswell
(no connection, honest)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boswell, Catch a bus . . . wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
was this not the company that was on skynews last week - over them just parking the cars on a public street?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use NCP long stay in Gatwick every week. £43.50 for 5 days
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When I drive near Gatwick you see plenty of cars carelessly parked on the roadside by so-called valet companies. Local Council are getting switched onto it by introducing 1 hour no parking in every 24 hours. Save a few quid but risk damage to your car or a ticket etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boswell, We used Courtlands and I think it cost about £40, so may be a little more than that now.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I park for free in the staff car park...

rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boswell, I've used Purple Parking a few times and found them to be very good (curteous, smart, punctual etc) so have a look at them as well. Seemed a bit cheaper than the long term rate. Otherwise, I get my chauffeur out of bed.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks, everyone, much appreciated. Anything to avoid 45mins each way in the pouring rain to NCP longterm (Wear the Fox Hat - that quickly becomes almost £60 for a week).

killian, hi
Is that a wind-up? Couldn't find it on the Internet......that's enough to put me off. Just hanging on the 'phone to LGW police at the moment. I guess insurance is a grey area as well.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boswell wrote:
Using Gatwick - Geneva twice a month, we're forever looking at difference between a taxi and the unattractive parking near LGW. NCP is a particularly unpleasant prospect.

Has anyone tried:

http://www.pink-meetandgreet.co.uk/

They charge £40/week or £65/fortnight for valet parking at both terminals. Seems a good deal, and trying them out Monday.

Boswell
(no connection, honest)

Boswell, Yes used Pink Meet & Greet plenty of times at Stansted & Heathrow but not at Gatwick. Excellent service & well worth the extra cost, especially if you're taking ski bags.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Use ace a few weeks ago (search here for ace meet and greet for addy - can't remeber) - was fantastic, cheap as normal parking and totally hassle free. Plus the driver was actually a retired chap not some mad just qualified 17 year old which (new agism legslation aside) made me feel a lot better about it!

Also used the bcp offsite which is also much better than the normal gatwick own brand as they park it for you so you just immediately get into nice warm coach!

It was pink that hit the news yes, here: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13545800,00.html

No idea is ace is tarred with the same brush but can vouch the bcp do really have a great big car park. I've seen my car being fetched from it (arrived early!)

aj xx
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forget which one I used at Gatwick, but I was not 100% happy with the service. Saw the guys slinging the cars around the carpark, and was dreading the worst when I came to collect mine, and had a very very good look for any damage before leaving. Ditto at one off-site one at Birmingham.
There was a programme on the Beeb recently about LHR off-site parking - they were regularly using side streets, supermarket carparks and muddy industrial sites. That main offsite carpark with the reception is often just a front, and made to look good for travellers.
No way in hell would I ever use an offsite carpark where I have to hand over the keys. Not now. Unless it was a banger that I wanted nicked/written off.
Fortunately I've lived within a 15-30min bus, train or taxi ride of a major airport for the last 7 years, so this has not been an issue.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At Gatwick - we book APH via purple parking, which is off-site - but we have used for 20 years... but now you can pay with tesco clubcard vouchers with a £1 voucher being worth £4 which makes it about 25 quid for 2 weeks. At Heathrow you can book purple parking valet service - again using tesco clubcard vouchers which makes it very very cheap...

ajhainey, thanks. I wondered how pink were so cheap... looked like an attempt to get in on the pink elephant brand, and I guess now we know.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used Ace meet and greet last year & thought they were great http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=224839#224839

They claim they give snowHeads discount.......
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boswell, I have used Tudor Rose near Gatwick, as have my parents and sister. Always reliable and very good.

http://www.tudorrose.co.uk
latest report
Thanks everyone.

In the end chickened out with Pink Meet and Greet, who turned nasty (impossible to comply with their cancellation conditions as their 'office' is closed over the weekend). Went with Tudor Rose (thanks kosciosco), who were efficient, friendly etc.

Next time will try APH - that Tesco deal looks unbeatable.
ski holidays
Not cheap, but since we are 2-3 hours away from LGW we have started to book very early flights, stay overnight at the Sofitel who often allow us to use the Hotel carpark, so covered walk from N terminal. Its not cheap but is off set by the reduced cost in air fares for 4. snowHead
latest report
Another option you could use is to park at Balcombe Train Station - cost is £8 per week and the train straight into the Gatwick Terminal takes 8-10 mins - only problem is one train per hour, otherwise a 12 minute taxi ride.

http://www.southernrailway.com/stations.php?crs=BAB&submit.x=30&submit.y=7

Balcombe is 10 miles south of Gatwick
snow report
Boswell, Have used BCP a number of times at Lowfield Heath and have found very efficient. Once you arrive back at LGW after hols you call a number to advise the arrival terminal, and then give your car reg. The bus arrived ar North Terminal within 10 minutes and we were on our way exactly 60 minutes after landing, which I thought was OK.
snow report
I can endorse BCP as well! Excellant service and VFM. Used several times for varying periods of parking. They also offer valeting service which is useful if you have been away a few weeks, nothing worse than a stale car after a red eye back from the states!
snow conditions
Picked up through Tudor Rose yesterday, efficient and no hassle, and only a fiver for the extra day.

Looks like APH, clutching the Tesco vouchers next week....
snow conditions
Hello All,

New to this kind of thing and noticing that the posts are old, but it may help someone.... I have used this website before when gone on hols or flying at really inconvenient times and needed to take the car.

www.uk-airport-car-parking.com/gatwick

Hope that helps
latest report
You could have dusted off the cobwebs before posting Wink

Holiday Inn do a park-stay-go facility which means your car stays in their car-park for the duration.

I used the same facility at Bewleys hotel at Manchester airport in March.
snow report
andy,
Quote:

There was a programme on the Beeb recently about LHR off-site parking - they were regularly using side streets, supermarket carparks and muddy industrial sites. That main offsite carpark with the reception is often just a front, and made to look good for travellers.

Ugh, great!
snow conditions
ABC Gatwick were brilliant, can def recommend them, and the cost was very good too.
ski holidays
This IS a 6yr old thread.. things may have changed since then Smile
latest report
Necrobump of a thread by a poster with one post and a link to a business.... spam?

Anyway avoid Airparks at all costs. They badly dented the sill of my car and put stone chips all over it, refused to take responsibility saying it was there already and of course I couldn't prove otherwise. Lost my keys for 15mins too. Scum.
latest report
If you are to use Gatwick airport parking then having worked in the field for a while and now being currently active with all large and authorised parking companies, I would like to offer a few suggestions to travellers.
Firstly, there are rogue companies at the airport with well deserved bad reputes who do park illegally....some names may surprise you.
Good news though is Gatwick is cleaning up the act and all the cowboys are being forced out of practice....slowly but surely.
My advice would be to use airport parking compare websites as they should not have any trash companies on there.
Some dodgy companies get highly ranked on Google's search results by spamming blogs by the 1,000's with their website links and this cheats the system if only for a short while....so watch out for them too
Avoid individual websites.
Further still, the biggest is not always the best, as some large companies are 7 miles away from the airport, so if they relocate your car to an over flow site then you can come back from holiday to find your car has done 20 miles....now that can not be right???....they are only supposed to park the car yet they top it up by 20 miles....ludicrous.
Use a parking compare website and this one uses only the best at Gatwick and there is not one cowboy company on it:
www.gatwickcarparkers.com
If I can answer any questions at all then please send me a message, as if you want to know if a particular company is any good, or not, I may be able to advise you some more on their modus operandi and known history. Little Angel [/url]
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A spammer criticising companies for spamming Puzzled
latest report
I am not spamming at all, how can I possibly recommend a service that is online without including its url?...it is a physical impossibility, is it not?
The level of spamming I was referring to in my previous post involves illegal and dodgy parking companies using 'Xrumer' software to post lorem ipsum posts with backlinks to hundreds of 1000's of innocent blogs.......a big difference dont you think? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Is that url an illusion then?
ski holidays
Claude B, yeh but it's creative.

yorkermiles, spill the beans now on the various operators.
latest report
I can quite willingly advise travellers of certain companies but I would restrict that to private messages and emails as spreading smear is not whats its about, so as previously stated if anyone has a particular query, or a suspicion then I am able to inform further.
Look, its taken Gatwick too long to get its act together in the airport parking division and some companies really have milked it but ....and its a big but which will rock the boat a bit and that is some customers have created to the problems with their 'could not care less' attitude when it comes to these services....and personally I think customers should have demanded better from the start. Puzzled
snow conditions
Have you tried www.parkatmyhouse.com?
latest report
http://www.gatwickairport.com/parking/

This is who I use. I have never had a problem.

If you want the discount code pm me. Seems to give 25% marked prices.

Its not strictly speaking for general use.
latest report
I've been recommended EPG Meet and Greet for £40, www.parkandgo.co.uk - good price and saves lugging the equipment (golf for my next trip, not skis!).
snow report
[b]Tudor Rose Airport Parking Gatwick[/b]
Have used Tudor Rose 3 times now and I am recommending them to all my friends. They are a park and ride service located 4 minutes from Gatwick with a chauffeur service to the airport. Not only do you get to see their secure car park but the best bit is that there is no waiting around for mini buses or coaches. They chauffeur you there personally - in your car or theirs. On return they meet you personally. In the time it took us to walk from luggage collection to the meeting point they were there waiting. We checked our car over and then drove straight home. Check http://www.tudorroseairportparking.co.uk/ for more details. This is their Park and Ride option - they also have a valet parking service.
snow report
chrisb5672, I used them once and my car came back smelling of tinned meat.
snow conditions
EPG (see 2 posts ago) were very good. Waiting on arrival both in and out.
ski holidays
The solution is to buy yourself a light aircraft , http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/9364165/Airport-parking-cheaper-for-plane-than-a-car.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy