Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European Car Ins for season trip

Poster: A snowHead
All,

Just wondering who people use when they drive to resorts for the season? My policy covers up to 90 days, We will be away for about 120. Is it just a case of asking your insurance company to expend this?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saga and NFU both offer 365-day insurance for Europe, so handy if you plan on doing any summer motoring as well as the winter season. LV have a 180-day policy. Everyone else I tried only offered a maximum of 90 days - it wasn't possible to buy the additional 30 days for winter or any more days for summer trips.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just changed to LV from a Forces broker, very good including Euro breakdown cover (which is surprisingly expensive!).

Saga only offered me 6 months plus a day.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
European breakdown cover is another consideration. Most companies have a 90-100 day limit and are eye-wateringly expensive. I found a 365-day policy from Allianz bought through eurobreakdown.com for a very reasonable price. It was a special offer providing European and UK cover for a bit more than what I was paying for UK alone, but around £150 less than what AA/RAC were asking for. If LV are offering something similar as part of a bundle, then that would definitely be worth considering.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, Saga have readily given me 365/365 for the last couple of years? Renewal is due in July I hope it doesn't change. I also have 365/365 AA cover through them too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chrisrawles, LV or Nationwide have 180 days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for LV. Great coverage for driving in Europe.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ADAC Plus for European recovery:

https://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can get breakdown cover for a year by joining the Camping Club (and get a nice bonus magazine!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got mine through Asda which has unlimited European usage. Underwriters are Covea who have been good so far with an ongoing claim bar the initial issues in having the wrong phone number for claims on the insurance policy...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@chrisrawles, I should add that your current UK car insurance automatically covers you for third-party liability in the EU. But only for third-party, so if you want fully comp you need an additional policy, or one of the many suggestions above.

@altis, The link to ADAC states that they only offer cover to people resident in Germany. Is there a different link / do ADAC offer cover to UK residents?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@quinton, incorrect. You can only use that page if you are resident in Germany. However, you can register by phone from elsewhere. There are several snowheads who are members.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Claude B, I should have been more specific, that was the max length of a trip, but the fella on the phone definitely said that was the max for me.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That time of year and my renewal from Saga arrived. 365/365 European cover and breakdown included (I checked). As the price had gone up a fair bit I tried NFU as recommended above but they only cover 90 day max trips. So still with Saga, they have given me a small reduction and knowing prices are generally rising I don't think it's too bad.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just been speaking with my broker.
They said even though you get limited cover in the EU , that my underwriter might cancel my policy as they dont like trips over 90 days.
This seems a bit odd to me , be better saying nothing in that case! But worth mentioning!
Policy due for renewal next month so will look into saga
snow report
Wife drove for 4 years on UK insurance in Italy, car registered in UK. Got hit by a truck at a junction, no problem with claim, didn't even query why she was in Italy or why it would be 3 months before she could take it to a UK body shop, all sorted and even fought her case against the Italian truck drivers insurance co. who claimed a 20cm plastic fender cover was 3,000 euros...
She didn't buy any extra coverage etc. just winged it on the standard 90 day EU cover.
snow report
Thanks for all the tips. We went with LV in the end. Got 180 days as standard so all good.
snow report
@sethpistol, I wonder if it would have been different if she had been the party at fault?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy