Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring pants, recommendations.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at getting some new soft shell trousers for ski touring. I had some Schoeller fabric ones a long time ago and liked them. Any suggestions. It needs to be a brand that does a variety of leg lengths as I have quite short legs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mountain Equipment Liskamm pant... but very difficult to find these days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Decathlon?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd second Decathlon, just been playing on the glaciers in the alps and for the price couldn't fault their lightweight softshell trousers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jbob, you will be unstoppable touring next year; new skis, bindings, culottes....

I bought some Black Diamond Recon trousers half price on Sportpursuit which I wore for about 70 days last year and they were grand. Don't think they have different lengths though.

Arcteryx do different leg lengths in most of their stuff. It will be a premium price, but you are worth it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@HammondR, I owe it to myself.
I've got some decathlon ones I use Nordic skiing but there're a bit long and baggy, plus there's too much going on at the ankle.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I tried on quite a few pairs at the end of the season and settled on some 'Bergans of Norway' Brekketind pants. Soft shell, ventilation, transiever pocket, not too heavy, reinforcement on inside ankles. Only criticism would be they are fairly tight at the ankles and a struggle to get zipped up over ski boots.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My Trangoworld Schoeller pants are still going strong after 5 years of skiing and touring.

http://www.trangoworld.com/en/subcategories/summer-2017-collection/mountaineering-clothing/man/pants/896/4058
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Second vote for Black Diamon recon pants, I'm a short back bottom and they fit me great. Very comfortable, warm but breathable, braces work well and a well designed thigh pocket for your transceiver.
Even better if you manage to get them cheap off SportPersuit like me Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apparently you can't use the word Ar*e, so I'm a short back bottom rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy