Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of GB website

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just logged in to find all has changed - the chat forum, that was hardly ever used, has disappeared! Will look more in depth before I comment further.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Certainly a change from what it was like previously, will take a bit of getting used to.

A couple of things I've noticed: -

The first which I'm sure will be fixed in time is that if you go on to "Ski Resorts" and then select a country the "Resorts" sub-menu just shows "About" for all the entries instead of the actual resort names. If you want to see the resorts you need to click on "Resorts" after which another page is loaded showing all the resorts they have listed for that country.

The second is that I can't seem to find the reviews that were previously displayed by members on any chosen resort, or the pictures come to that?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 8-07-17 11:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skilegs wrote:
Just logged in to find all has changed - the chat forum, that was hardly ever used, has disappeared! Will look more in depth before I comment further.....

It's still there. Flick through the tiles on the home page and you'll find it. It's still the old software, so I assume this is a soft launch and gradual roll out of new and updated features. It seems to work well on my mobile devices, which I think was one of their main aims.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gerry wrote:
skilegs wrote:

It's still there. Flick through the tiles on the home page and you'll find it. It's still the old software, so I assume this is a soft launch and gradual roll out of new and updated features. It seems to work well on my mobile devices, which I think was one of their main aims.

As Gerry says it's there in the tiles on the home screen a little way down, also it's accessible through the "Info & Advice" page.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Obviously the chat forum was too easy to find on the previous version rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does not seem as good at present as the old one , the Resort information is pretty sparse , the Kit reviews are not on there yet ,
no information about next seasons skiing trips , the forum is dead , they have a lot of work to do to just bring it up to the standard of the previous version !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry about that error on my part - must be snow blind!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I declare no interest - I haven't looked.

When they re-opened the forum to non-members I tried for a bit before ceasing to time waste.
Whatever they have, or have not done now with their website, let's not forget they have full time IT staff to do this sort of stuff.
Quote:
they have a lot of work to do to just bring it up to the standard of the previous version
simply should not happen.

Whereas sH has Admin and a handful of undernourished hamsters to do the back-of-house stuff. Unpaid. Thanks guys and gals.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dubaian wrote:
I declare no interest - I haven't looked.

When they re-opened the forum to non-members I tried for a bit before ceasing to time waste.
Whatever they have, or have not done now with their website, let's not forget they have full time IT staff to do this sort of stuff.
Quote:
they have a lot of work to do to just bring it up to the standard of the previous version
simply should not happen.

Whereas sH has Admin and a handful of undernourished hamsters to do the back-of-house stuff. Unpaid. Thanks guys and gals.

They have full time IT but not full time, in house web designers and content management system experts.

It looks like a soft launch and it will take time to port everything across to the new content management system.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I see their holidays start to accept bookings from the 13th, I did a good development one this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just had a look expecting a total disaster but it is ok, a bit corporate maybe and of course it is the content that is king.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy