Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Immigration / Customs clearance at Denver Intl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Could any of you good folk on here, give me an idea of how long it will take to clear this, at Denver. It is likely to be a Friday afternoon in mid Jan, if that makes a difference.

I can use Pre-Clearance at Dublin, if I fly with Aer Lingus.....but it gets me in much later than going with BA, via Heathrow. I am trying to weigh up which option is preferable.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try to sit near the front of the plane - get a leg on over the bridge and it's really not too bad. Think they do a electronic pre check machine on the end of the bridge before you go down to the counter queues. They seem to put a reasonable number of agents on & I think last time I went I was through before my skis arrived. Obviously the number of families who have not visited the US before and need individually finger printing etc is the usual frustration.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Try to sit near the front of the plane - get a leg on over the bridge and it's really not too bad. Think they do a electronic pre check machine on the end of the bridge before you go down to the counter queues. They seem to put a reasonable number of agents on & I think last time I went I was through before my skis arrived. Obviously the number of families who have not visited the US before and need individually finger printing etc is the usual frustration.

Thank you.

Are you talking an hour...or is it nearer 2 Hours?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At the old Stapleton International Airport you could breeze through..The new one imo has been a disaster apart from being a pretty "tent" Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cant really say last time in dia was ten years ago .
but march in lax was about 40min , as you now queue to use a self service machine which take your fingerprints , which then dispenses a voucher .
you then queue with a vouchers and your passport to get to a cbt officer
who then checks your estas , passport , voucher , and if there not happy will refingerprint you at desk .
then through to baggage pick up .
if your transfering onto another flight you have to pick up your bags and then transfer them onto another belt for internal flights

time it takes all depends on how many flights are coming in at same time and how many cbt desks are open .
time for clearing customs and immigration and transit of terminals when catching a internal transfer flight would say around 2 hrs
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you go here: https://awt.cbp.gov/ then you can see the immigration wait times by airport, date and time of day. You can export to Excel and pivot the data any way you want (e.g. 3pm arrivals on Saturdays). It's much better than a bunch of anecdotes from randoms on the web...

Nowadays I find that the electronic kiosks have significantly improved the US experience at all airports, the horror show of years gone by is largely over. I'm usually through in 15 mins.

Or you could get Global Entry and not queue for immigration, customs or security!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all for the help....that Immigration Waiting Time report is useful. It looks like an average waiting time of about 20 mins, with a max wait of less than an hour. So not bad at all.

I've no connecting flight...just need to meet my brother and then have a 5 hour drive to Crested Butte (which is why I want to get into Denver as early as possible).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No problem - I've driven through to Glenwood Springs before getting off the BA flight which seems to be the solo international arrival at the time (& that's after adding in hire car faff) etc. 40 mins max on the pessimistic side - sub 20 if you're lucky and/or savvy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy