Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car storage Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads. Toying with the idea of buying a small car to use when we are out at our apartment near Chatel. We could park it in our garage.....but then we would have to taxi or similar from Geneva airport to Chatel and back again, which costs as much as a hire car.

Anybody know of some car parking / storage near Geneva airport where we could leave it for a couple of months at a time???
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are getting a new car and the trade in of the old one will be buttons but I know it's a good car with nothing wrong with it so I am thinking of driving it over and leaving it in France.
I haven't looked into insurance & tax ect but this would be of intrest to me also
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We live in GE (CH) but near Annemasse (FR). Locally parking is about chf 250 per month. Probably cheaper across the border.

Homegate.ch lets you search for parking spaces...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm always surprised given the amount of farmland just on the French side of the border at GVA that someone hasn't gone for a long term parking solution over there to compete with the Swiss rates
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jonny996, Alternatively I could just wait until you fly over & then scrounge a lift to my car parked in a suburb somewhere!

Does the 996 refer to a Ducati or a Porsche?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, yep. One of our neighbours, with a garden way outsizing their house has turned half his lawn into 14 parking places...

Chf 3,500 a month for no effort... not bad !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My parents keep a car in the Algarve - one of the rental firms by Faro airport keeps it for them. They leave it by the airport carpark before my parents arrive and collect it again when they leave. I'll find out what it costs but I know it's not much.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do you have a concierge? We have an apartment in La Tzoumaz in a block that includes a concierge. There are a couple of owners who keep a car here and the concierge drives it down to the nearest railway station in the valley (Riddes, where there's plenty of parking spaces around the station, unlike Martigny and Sion). Or vice-versa. The owners pay the concierge each time. Works well for both as the concierge is usually going down to the valley anyway, and it's much cheaper than any other way. He also runs the engine and/or takes it for a short drive if the owners are away for any length of time. Obviously this means owners have to use the train to get to the local station but we've also thought of doing this with our old car when the time comes. and this doesn't work if you rent your space out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How would/does the insurance work in the scenarios above? (and road tax MoT / Controle Technique?)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boredsurfin - I assume that the owner's insurance covers a third-party to drive it, or (more likely), the concierge's insurance lets him drive another car under limited cover. One of the cars is French-registered and the other CH (but owned by a South African) and both are comparatively old and not premium models, so I assume that the owners are happy with a worst-case-scenario of them being written-off. The probability of an accident is fairly low, given that the transfer is only the 13Kms between the village and the local railway station.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@LaForet, as I understand it, Swiss car insurance covers the car, thus for any driver over 25 f'rinstance. At least, that's how I think ours works.

But we're not insured to drive any uninsured car.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Matt1959, it the car but not the one I will be leaving Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, You're right, its the car that's insured.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy