Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peculiar demand for old (2014) Italian autostrada toll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I doubt anyone will have seen one of these but hey ho, here we go

Received a letter yesterday from "NiviCredit" of Firenze, IT. requesting payment for a péage payment from Dec 27, 2014. The dates match a trip, the exit point is right, the licence plate is correct (guess a camera at the station). But I can't recall how I'd get through a barrier without paying.

And of course, there are charges for recovery, toll=€10.58 (doesn't sound right but hey) charges = €13.26.

The sums aren't large but I am disinclined to pay the charges, and wonder if someone might be at it? There is an option to claim that the ticket machine was broken and pay only the toll. Which is my default as we use that road pretty often...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But how are you meant to remember after 2.5 years anyway ? I always use my bank card at an Italian peage, often driving on my own to airport or Ikea Turin ,so it's easiest to nip put swipe the card and nip back round to the drivers seat again. Could a card payment have been refused? But surely the barrier still wouldn't have opened if it had.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, this?

http://italychronicles.com/driving-in-italy-toll-road-problems/

Possibly.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hells Bells, exactly. We certainly don't keep the receipts. I suppose we could check the bank accounts...

I did check the Autostrada site and its suggests that Mont Blanc tunnel to Aosta Est should be free anyway. I think we may have got lost getting to the Carrefour there (which we did visit) and I imagine it's possible that we ended up sort of exiting from a Southerly direction...

@valais2, interesting, thanks. I don't think we've ever been given a bill, but it's entirely possible that the credit card payment failed (as so often happens in Italy). The OH is writing to them in Italian.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, I don't think you even get a receipt from the machine when you pay at the card machine, just an automated "Grazie Mille, arrive derci, and the barrier lifts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hells Bells, you can request one. Usually works. Not always.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If it is like France you can follow the car in front through but you'd have to do this deliberately. If the toll booth is broken surely that's the toll company's problem?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In France, if you pay by card it doesn't make a call/transaction, that would take too long so I believe it just reads the card and does the transaction later which may not go through but the barrier will still rise. I've had a bill from a vehicle that we had previously sold for an unpaid paiage charge. It appears to be the same in Italy.

Andy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davidof, this is slightly my opinion. @anderoo, could be.

But as far as I can see now, the toll is wrong as well.

May take some time...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy