Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

I'm looking at going to Meribel in late Feb next year and the accommodation says it's very close to the Morel chair lift. From the piste map is looks like you can work your way over quite easily to the larger Meribel valley area, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience of starting and ending their day there and whether there were any pitfalls, is it a pain, etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3Vs is a great ski area.

The best in the world for interlinked lifts in a giant ski zone.

Wherever you stay in the main towns / villages, you will be able to get around easily.

Just book it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Whitegold Thank you. I've stayed in La Tania and I'll be going back there this year, but I don't want to go back to the same place twice in one year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Screaming Dave, yes, easy to link into wider area from Morel chair. Late Feb likely to be busy, with French school winter holidays. So main lift hub areas, eg Chaudanne and Mottaret, probably busy at peak times.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is not the most convenient location but it is not so bad providing you are not a total beginner.

In Feb with the French ski schools out it will be busy so in your position I might think about making an early start and heading up towards Col de la Loze and skiing in Courcheval. You would stay ahead of the madding crowd for a while.

Coming back from Courcheval via Col de la Loze will be easy providing you stay right as you descend. NB the Pic Noir is not a black run.

Getting back from the main Meribel ski area will require that you use the Rhodos lift, even if you miss the last lift the bus runs till late.

Enjoy it is a vast area with wonderful skiing.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TQA wrote:
... It is not the most convenient location but it is not so bad providing you are not a total beginner....

This is because the Hulotte piste, to get back to the Morel area, is relatively steep / narrow in places.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TQA wrote:
... Coming back from Courcheval via Col de la Loze will be easy providing you stay right as you descend. NB the Pic Noir is not a black run. ...

Which is perhaps why it is called "Pic Bleu" Very Happy (It does seem to change name and/or grading every few years)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've stayed in a chalet v close to the Morel lift. No issues spring to mind.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meribel has only a few ski-in and ski-out locations — and being near the Morel lift is one of them. From the top of the lift, it will just take you a few mins to ski down to the main ski area.

Plus, there are lots of great bars, restaurants and shops close by.

But do check exactly how "close" your accommodation is to the lift — there is nothing worse then a trek in ski-boots which is too short for a ski-bus, but not just an easy stroll.

Enjoy! You will have a great time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have stayed in Morel as both a punter and a seasonnaire. It's better as a punter.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy