Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2017/2018 (Mud Season May/June))

Poster: A snowHead
@Ozzyski, cheers. Have a good time
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks but something massively unexpected happened in work and now I'm squandering my flight out this evening as a result. May still fly tomorrow evening so interested in updates. although I feel like puking reading the above.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Coming in on Saturday for the week: hoping for cold temps, sun, and nice snow surface to play on!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hard to say how much came down. It snowed steadily all day. Maybe 10 - 15cm so far? Quite dry snow on the Galzig.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boabski, Sorry, didn’t get to To Griabli today, our friends decided on one last run on Rendl and we were too late for the last lift. Planning to go there tomorrow so I’ll try again but I can’t be sure. Which days are you here for ?
If you like live music the Vagrants play in the Keller Bar doing very good covers of most classic rock songs and Gunner plays in Murmel apart from Saturday’s and Wednesday’s I think. The Kellar Bar has a really good vibe but that could be down to the 7.9% Bock Beer !!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@boabski, Sorry, didn’t get to To Griabli today, our friends decided on one last run on Rendl and we were too late for the last lift. Planning to go there tomorrow so I’ll try again but I can’t be sure. Which days are you here for ?
If you like live music the Vagrants play in the Keller Bar doing very good covers of most classic rock songs and Gunner plays in Murmel apart from Saturday’s and Wednesday’s I think. The Kellar Bar has a really good vibe but that could be down to the 7.9% Bock Beer !!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
guess tomorrow won´t be enough for a powderday
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like it did not snow much more during the night, at least down here in Nasserein.

Certainly much colder this morning than for many days. Ski TV is showing -12C on the Trittkopf.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cold down here in Flirsch...will be some very cold nights in the coming days..

Will be perfect snow conditions maybe some dandruf tomorrow...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ozzyski, you can take the free skibus 3 up to Moos to get to all the Apres Ski Bars....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like I’m gonna get a week of sunny cold weather 😎 just what I asked the doctor for!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Ozzyski, will be there in 5 weeks time. Always go to see Gunar and will be heading there for sure. I do like my beer from the Griabli though as some of the best days in my life have been spent in there - probably to do with the amount of Kaiser consumed 😀🍻. The bands in there recently can be hit or miss since the CCJ’s stopped (years ago) and The Snowtones (more recently)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fantastic day skiing today, both on and off piste, cold and sunny.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boabski
In Griabli this evening and spoke to the owner. The band will be playing Mondays and Wednesdays as usual. This week they have been ill so that’s why there was no live music. Gunar, I think has a Wednesday and Saturday off and is in Murmel from 5 to 8ish. The Vagrants have just posted that they only have 5 weeks left so you may miss them. Also live music in Happy Valley, Piccadilly, Fang Bar and Tom Dooley’s (late). Skiing was superb today, Hinterendl and Malfon. I’d post some pics but don’t know how.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@boabski
I forgot to mention that in our first season here 8 years ago we went in to Griabli for a quick beer at around 3pm and The Snowtones were just about to start. Didn’t leave until after 7 and since then we’ve never gone skiing anywhere else.
snow conditions
@boabski
I forgot to mention that in our first season here 8 years ago we went in to Griabli for a quick beer at around 3pm and The Snowtones were just about to start. Didn’t leave until after 7 and since then we’ve never gone skiing anywhere else.
snow report
@Ozzyski, yep I’ve got loads of pics also but posting photos is a mystery.

Are the Vagrants in Griabli, any good? Coming hack in 3 weeks so will look them up.
ski holidays
Does anyone know any bars in Lech which will be showing the six nations games later today? Or will I have to take the Flexenbahn over to St Anton for the afternoon?
snow report
@Markymark29,
The Vagrants play après ski in the Keller Bar from 5 to 8, just up the road from Nasserein.
Not sure what the band is called in Griabli but they’re both good.
@boabski,
Heustadl also have a good band that plays most afternoons and play outside when the weather warms up.
ski holidays
@tronic, try the Irish Pub
ski holidays
Another Saturday best day of the week to make some turns on the lift served part of the arlberg.

Currently light dandruf coming down.

Decent cold temperature keeping the snow dry & perfect.

Today/tomorrow a million tourists will arrive for two weeks+.

time to get skins out again and check out the private powder.. Very Happy
latest report
Not actually as quiet as a usual Saturday. Big groups of kids in ski school groups, especially on Rendl. Have parents skipped out of work early to enjoy an extra day??? 😖

Variable visibility and light snow drifting down.
latest report
Plenty busy today, busier than rest of the week. Hearing lots of Swiss voices you must be busy with that taxi@stanton, 😜.

Very cold, freezing cloud/ fog, coffee stops rammed!
latest report
ulmerhutte wrote:
Not actually as quiet as a usual Saturday. Big groups of kids in ski school groups, especially on Rendl. Have parents skipped out of work early to enjoy an extra day??? 😖

Variable visibility and light snow drifting down.

That's cos today was a kids event in conjunction with Intersport and Ski School Arlberg. They do it every year at Rendl (and one in the summer too IIRC).
snow report
Got to St Anton this afternoon about 4.30pm.
Was lightly snowing on the way for the last bit and is snowing a bit in town tonight. Cold too tonight unless I’m just not used to it having been back in the UK for 2 weeks.
Having some food in Dolce Vita tonight-have been before and enjoyed it so here we are!
ski holidays
Why were they making snow yesterday on the lower st Anton slopes?
snow conditions
Presumably to maintain them in as good a condition as possible, for as long as possible.

They have been doing it for as long as I have been coming here - regardless of the snow depth.
snow conditions
@Markymark29, yesterday not busy imo..just a normal Saturday.

Today skitouring in Strengen...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had my first day boarding here today so did a big tour to get a look around. St anton to flexenbahn to zurs, zug and lech and back. Was a fantastic day in the sun but don't think we'll try as big an itinerary again, it makes for too much time in lifts, queues and on inferior slopes. There is some great terrain but in many places the fresh snow from the end of the week had deteriorated . Best powder I found was under red ski route 136 from trittkopf and at top above lech. The return from flexenbahn was very busy and tricky on a snowboard.
snow conditions
After 37 years time to visit St.A. probably will be visiting on my own from Feb 17- Wondering where is the best budget Guest House/BB for a week stay? St Jakob
ski holidays
St Jakob will be cheaper than St Anton. You could also try Pettneu. Both of them are on free ski bus routes. I have never stayed in either, so cannot recommend any specific places.

Interesting “grooming” in the lower part of Steissbachtal yesterday. Looked like a series of speed bumps. Was it to deter people from using Steissbachtal? If so, it did not work.
snow report
Weather

The new week will start with a slightly föhny southerly wind, consequently sunny conditions are expected into Tuesday. Only harmless, high clouds will temporarily interfere with the weather. The temperatures will slightly increase. A weak influence of low-pressure will determine the weather on Wednesday and on Thursday. Compact, partly multi-layered clouds will reach us from North Italy and bring occasional weak snow showers. Colder air masses will settle in, which will dry off from Friday on. Sunny conditions are more frequently expected.
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/lgjkY5RnKN0
ski holidays
Piste-off wrote:
The return from flexenbahn was very busy and tricky on a snowboard.

Yes two long flat sections, borrow a ski pole for these if you can to avoid the ignominy of having to unstrap.
latest report
@JimboS,
Flat is being kind. Uphill might be more accurate as you approach Madloch. Still a fun journey.
ski holidays
Ptspeak wrote:
@JimboS,
Flat is being kind. Uphill might be more accurate as you approach Madloch. Still a fun journey.

That flat / uphill section is such a pain, especially at the end of a long tiring day and with the difficult black ahead. Could they look at putting a short drag / rope tow in to get people a bit further up towards Galzig summit so that the run home was actually downhill?
snow report
Ahhh... Madloch and Galzig are in 2 different parts of the world. Both do however involve tucks.

Madloch to Zug has a longish tuck after the first pitch from Madlochbahn unload.

Attaining Galzig, after coming off Valfagehr, involves 2 tucks with Steissbachtal closed.

One of the quietest days on piste in a while, though the number of rug rats has increased geometrically from last week.
snow report
ulmerhutte wrote:
Ahhh... Madloch and Galzig are in 2 different parts of the world. Both do however involve tucks.

Madloch to Zug has a longish tuck after the first pitch from Madlochbahn unload.

Attaining Galzig, after coming off Valfagehr, involves 2 tucks with Steissbachtal closed.

One of the quietest days on piste in a while, though the number of rug rats has increased geometrically from last week.

Sorry my confusion Sad

I was thinking of the return off Valfagehr of course. If I remember it right, the second tuck (which you would avoid if Steissbachtal was open) takes you up to the point where several pistes meet. Then its a long traverse / walk / pole until you join the black 52 run down towards StA. It’s this bit that I thought could be avoided with a drag lift.
ski holidays
I was hoping the st Christoph lift might help us avoid the flats next time, I'll let you know if we succeed. Great day today. Morning in st Anton up to valuga. After on in stuben, highlight was the bowl on boarder's right of albonagrat chair, snow still in great condition there. Off to lech and warth tomorrow
snow report
I cannot see how you could get to the St Christophbahn from Valfagehr unload without going via the Galzig. There is a big ridge behind Arlenmähder, which I doubt you could bypass by trying to traverse along the road.

You could avoid the first tuck by taking the Schindlergratbahn.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy