Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2017/2018 (Mud Season May/June))

Poster: A snowHead
Langerzug wrote:
@stanton, that snow came not yesterday, but last night.
Yesterday 20-30 cm was lost, before this new snow came. A lot of turbulence this week

I know but it was after the lifts had closed...

Chillout man your way to stressed !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After some webcam reviews, forecast watching and deal finding, we've taken the plunge and booked New Years week in St Anton... Can't wait! Time to start obsessing over temperatures and snow fall!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stanton, No stress here. Just like the facts instead of fake news
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Langerzug,

My info is good , better than good..

Im here ....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stanton I'm trusting Lawinenwarndienst Vorarlberg more,
http://www.vorarlberg.at/lawinenmessstellen/messstelle.asp?ort=lech. The loss of yesterday is clear.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Langerzug, thats is quite normal when it is +10C Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
@Langerzug,

Im here ....

Prove it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
Langerzug wrote:
@stanton, that snow came not yesterday, but last night.
Yesterday 20-30 cm was lost, before this new snow came. A lot of turbulence this week

I know but it was after the lifts had closed...

Chillout man your way to stressed !

It was also mostly after midnight, as it was pissing down with rain in the evening!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
@Langerzug,

Im here ....

I’m here as well, proof in Stanton style...

One low after the other passes over Central Europe. Between the lows there is always little room for a small intermediate high. Such brings us on Wednesday a certain weather calming: in the morning it is still cloudy; it lightens until noon.

TREND

Tomorrow we will be touched by Atlantic low foothills. Every now and then they bring denser cloud fields and showers as well as further mitigation. It will probably snow again on Friday or Saturday.

NB: here is not defined

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 12-12-17 22:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DB, No need . Tonight in Basel but back again couple of days..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
@DB, No need . Tonight in Basel but back again couple of days..

Is Basel your boyfriend? Until you meet another snowhead you ain‘t nothing.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very mild this morning over here in Switzerland I guess around 5C..

Arlberg Farmers still expecting Snow this weekend & more next week
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

http://youtube.com/v/ogxaiC0PTdk
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got back late last night after 4 good days. Yeah it got warm for a time on monday but even then the runs which remained open for most of the day were a good laugh, springlike bump skiing on the gampen and galzig blacks. Plenty of snow overnight and then more yesterday afternoon, any damage from the foehn wind was well buried in the morning. Snowfall got up pretty heavy in stuben and warth during tuesday afternoon, was snowing down to landeck almost when we drove back to munich. The off piste was a bit too spooky yesterday but who cares when you're the only people on piste in conditions like that...

Leaving all the arguing aside: anyone going out in the forseeable future will have an awesome time, conditions are excellent
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks @hollando,
Just getting things straight, since I will be here/there next week.
Love the look of high pressure in the long term forecast. Toofy Grin
latest report
Woohoo Very Happy, I'll be there for a week starting this Saturday, very excited.
snow conditions
26th 7 nights over NY then back for 2 weeks mid January, cant wait. 32 days skiing in Arlberg this winter, after the last few icy Christmas's this going to be a great pow one. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

@hollando, Cheers for update
ski holidays
We're there for a week from Saturday too. Very excited about the snow, but looks like vis is going to be a bit rubbish. Only my third visit, and might be cos the other times have been very sunny, but I don't remember many tree runs. Any pointers to best bits in bad light (on or off piste)?
snow report
wish I lived in the Alps wrote:
We're there for a week from Saturday too. Very excited about the snow, but looks like vis is going to be a bit rubbish. Only my third visit, and might be cos the other times have been very sunny, but I don't remember many tree runs. Any pointers to best bits in bad light (on or off piste)?

Sonnenkompf Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

Sonnenkompf

@kitenski, anywhere near Sonnenkopf? Laughing

@wish I lived in the Alps, In bad light stay low in Gampen/ Nasserein/ Fang area, if you can get up Rendl then under the lift through the trees (only if its stable though big av trap). Lots around in Lech/ Warth too (Warth is best of the lot in bad viz imo) if you can get around there quick enough in bad light, especially Schroeken. Sonnenkopf great as Kitenski says, and very forgiving terrain but its a bus/ car trip. Loads of off piste runs with low level trees to play in, eg Maroi, Langen etc but only go with a guide. Don't ignore Stuben either, mega offpiste under the gondola and Albona 1 but you need to know where to go especially in bad light not easily navigable. Don't go into the Nature Zone under Galzigbahn or Kapall, big fines.
ski holidays
@wish I lived in the Alps,

Plenty of Trees if you know where to go ...All of of it Very Off Piste & some areas where you definitely should not go unless you want a €5000 fine ...

Always check the Lawine (Avalanche) Bulletin & do NOT Ski Alone or follow any groups (even if guided).

Slides can occur at ANY time regardless of the level 1.2.3.4.5 posted.
ski holidays
Apologies for the slightly tangential question. Been to St Anton a couple of times previously prior to the lift link to Zurs/Lech being opened up. Having had a look at the piste map, is the only route from St Anton to Lech via the Madlock Zug/Lech ski routes?

If so what sort of condition will they be in over New Years? From memory the top end could be pretty challenging/must get very interesting if it's got a lot of traffic on it!
ski holidays
Yes, via Madloch, either to Zug, or to Lech with a short walk in village.
Route indeed tends to get rather messy in course of day, especially in high season. Directly to Lech is easiest.
Long queues for Madlochbahn (highseason).

In St.Anton, the Valfagehr-piste towards Alpe Rauz en connecting new Flexenbahn is also getting moguls early in the day
snow conditions
@markymark29 - thanks, very helpful.

@stanton - thanks, I think.
snow report
Snowing.. new dust to play with Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/sKubOYE4jW8
snow report
Lech Zurs Ski Guide Jailed

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134588
snow report
reporting 2.5m of new snow in the next 9 days:

https://www.skiclub.co.uk/snow-and-weather/snow-reports?countryName=Austria&isFreshtracks=true&isILg=false&isLeader=false

anyone recommend a good snorkel? or even a better source of snow forecasts?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lech and St Anton have the best snow in the Alps right now and are due another blast in the next few days,
latest report

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 31-12-17 12:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Only one word required "EPIC". Was hitting thigh deep pockets today!
ski holidays
Going to move my Beasts onto the Ragnaroks tonight and get the Norrona onesy brushed off.......its almost pow time Toofy Grin
snow conditions
The snow today has been lovely, some great accumulations away from the wind. Still snowing too
snow conditions
Oh I wish I was there now...
ski holidays
Im predicting major problems, snow build up (to much) avi danger during the busiest week xmas-new year....
snow report
It's been epic today, Powder everywhere, visibility poor at times and the top lifts closed due to wind and snow.

Looking forward to Rendle opening for the first time this season tomorrow.
snow conditions
@Bod,

Its Rendl not Rendle
ski holidays
snow report
stanton wrote:
Im predicting major problems, snow build up (to much) avi danger during the busiest week xmas-new year....

It's I'm not Im
latest report
@DB, Who cares, your stressed dude.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy