Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2017/2018 (Mud Season May/June))

Poster: A snowHead
@stanton, How long do you expect it to last? Will the Steissbach be closed next season too?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Langerzug wrote:
@stanton, How long do you expect it to last? Will the Steissbach be closed next season too?

Who knows lets get this season done first !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the way back from zurs and lech now. The snow of the last 24 hours made a huge improvement there, 5-10 cm fresh down to resort level. Poor vis in morning but then cleared and snow was amazing at top of muggengrat and all down beside langerzug. North facing slopes seem the best bet everywhere.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Piste-off wrote:
On the way back from zurs and lech now. The snow of the last 24 hours made a huge improvement there, 5-10 cm fresh down to resort level. Poor vis in morning but then cleared and snow was amazing at top of muggengrat and all down beside langerzug. North facing slopes seem the best bet everywhere.

Stuben seems to be a hot spot of snowfall yesterday. The trees are all white and looks much more winter than most other areas. Snow is great there. Little to no crowds today - inversion in afternoon made for unbelievable views
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey: anyone know what's going on with Steissbachtel (Happy Valley)?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@peanuthead,

Read UP
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Will be in Lech tomorrow but as stated above resorts close rank when there is a delicate subject!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will be in Lech next week but as @stanton[/b], says resorts close ranks when there is a delicate subject!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bluebird day. St Anton quiet - everyone waiting in the Flexenbahn queue!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
peanuthead wrote:
the lawyers have closed it. too many accidents.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mcg wrote:
peanuthead wrote:
the lawyers have closed it. too many accidents.

That makes sense. No. Hang on. I think there must be a more hidden reason.

Anyone know?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice idea!

That is not the reason
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Now snowing gently in Nasserein.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
General POW outlook for coming days.

https://wepowder.com/en/forum/topic/254923
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cooolldayyzz

snow report
Clear morning, but the clouds are moving in quite rapidly. Forecast suggests snow for most of the day.

Neu Schnee would be very welcome. The pistes are now quite icy after the corduroy has been scraped off. Piles of sugar snow lower down. The easily-accessible off piste is practically “pistes”.

Yesterday was a very quiet. No doubt a combination of Saturday, quite cold temps, and mixed (but mainly) poor visibility.
latest report
Query. On a recent visit to st Anton (returned 27th Jan) I noticed on a number of occasions a train of 8 wheeler trucks transporting snow on the local road between lech and Zurs....can anyone enlighten me as to where and for what purpose they might be doing this....? Could it be on its way to Beijing for the 2022 Winter Olympics...where I recently learned will rely totally on artificial snow for the alpine events...! The mountains selected for the down hill and slalom get an average of 2’’ /5cm per year of natural snow....another example of the lunatics who run/control the IOC.....there were only two cities in the running Almaty and Beijing but at least Almaty (Kazakhstan) has plenty of natural snow
ski holidays
bryan6 wrote:
We are in St Anton 3-10 Feb. If Steissbachtel still closed, how do we avoid ending up on the black? Thanks in advance.

Back yesterday after a great week, bar thursday when the light was not too good. Closure of Steissbachtel caused us no problems, although we did cut it very fine getting back to the Galzigbahn one afternoon when we lost track of the time ski-ing back from Lech. Some of our fellow chalet guests did get caught out, despite being told in no uncertain terms by the tour rep that they would end up on the black if they were not!!

Would I be right in thinking that an option would be to carry on past the top of Galzigbahn on 64 down to St Christoph, the get the 92 Postbus back to St Anton?
ski holidays
@bryan6, yes you can use that as an alternative so long as you are in time to get the last chair up Tanzboeden (the post bus is free between StC and StA), but the 92 starts in either Lech or Zuers (depending what time), so may as well spend longer enjoying the skiing in Lech and then get the bus from there rather than clock-watching so you don't miss the last lift.
snow report
Sitter wrote:
@bryan6, yes you can use that as an alternative so long as you are in time to get the last chair up Tanzboeden (the post bus is free between StC and StA), but the 92 starts in either Lech or Zuers (depending what time), so may as well spend longer enjoying the skiing in Lech and then get the bus from there rather than clock-watching so you don't miss the last lift.

Thanks Sitter, this became our plan for friday as we decided to spend longer in Lech, then get the bus back to St Anton later on in the afternoon. Unfortunately, this strategy exposed us to some disgusting and appalling behaviour as some skiers tried to jump the queue and force their way onto the bus. I'm surprised a fight didn't break out!!
snow report
Well, that was unexpected. Rain/sleet set in around lunchtime in Warth and “followed me” all the way back to Stüben.

It sort of turned to snow at the top of Valfagehr. St Anton looked like it had rained- the streets were wet and the snow on Rendl felt rain-affected.

Now (5:30pm), it is snowing lightly in Nasserein.
snow report
poo-poo day at zuers today . Gash visibility, gave up at half one. Deeply hoping it gets better this week.
ski holidays
Looks like ~5cm of new snow in the village this morning. Heavy fog/overcast.

10:30 Update - snowing quite nicely now on Rendl. Maybe 10 - 15cm of quite dry snow.
snow report
Monday Morning Snow bring with it the usual demolition derby Die Arlbergschnellstraße (S16)

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2894902/
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/80RlcthQ10s

http://youtube.com/v/jWpOgWY47cQ
latest report
Watch it for yourself .................... http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=at_lech snowHead
snow report
@stanton,
Second vid "ST ANTON POWDER 2018" - enough money for a go-pro & beer but no avi equipment? Skiing the same slope all together while falling over on easy terrain - both of which vastly increase the chances of an avalanche Puzzled
latest report
@skimastaaah, these webcams are all in the official www.lech.at For some years already.... Puzzled
No need for commerce
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Huge Fasching queues this morning at 9.30am peak at Galzigbahn Tal station......assuming it must be rammed out there.

If bergfex weather is to be believed heavy snow mid next week and very cold -17C daytime temps......arriving 24th Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyone got any weather charts intel to back this up......was sat looking at ski quiver last night wondering which way to go......fat powder skis now for sure, hopefully wont have to go uphill to find decent downhill pow! wink
snow conditions
@Markymark29,

The St. Anton app seems to corroborate that. Predicting a bit less snow, though. Seriously looking forward to my upcoming trip. Arriving on the 26th myself.
snow conditions
@Markymark29, It is to early to tell with the Southern Hairdryer this weekend ....Could go either way nothing or dump major !!

Normally Polar Ice cold Temps does not bring large or any snow. Needs to be around -2 to -5C
ski holidays
One of the most amazing powder days ever for me. Fresh snow, well over knee deep in places, and -19C = champagne powder (IMHO). Add in bluebird day and skiing with a local who found untracked, or lightly tracked, lines = epic day. It all came together!

NB Spent most of in Schröcken / Warth.
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
Huge Fasching queues this morning at 9.30am peak at Galzigbahn Tal station......assuming it must be rammed out there.

If bergfex weather is to be believed heavy snow mid next week and very cold -17C daytime temps......arriving 24th Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyone got any weather charts intel to back this up......was sat looking at ski quiver last night wondering which way to go......fat powder skis now for sure, hopefully wont have to go uphill to find decent downhill pow! wink

Galzigbahn broke down at one stage this morning so was stopped for a good half hour at least (spoken to people who said they were stuck for half an hour, others said almost an hour). Kappall also broke down this morning about 9:30 ish, didn't get running again until after 10:30. Hasn't always felt that busy up there at times, but that could be due to me having been mostly on the button lifts. Plenty of idiots out there tho recklessly straightlining, skiing off piste without kit, cutting other people up etc.
snow conditions
Ex Austrian Kanzler Christian Kern had a great week here..

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=948174118671231&id=603996709755642
snow report
We are off to Stuben in a few weeks time as a group of 3 couples. My sister is coming and is a timid skier but has been to Stuben and Oberlech before. Embarrassingly despite my 10 visits or so to Arlberg I’ve never done Sonnenkopf. Would that suit a nervous skier?
snow report
Last Saturday night a Hotel in St Anton was raided & the thieves made of with the Hotel Safe/Vault with tens of thousands of Euros..

The Hotel in question does not want to be mentioned but everyone here knows which one Happy

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/lokales/st-anton-tresor-aus-hotel-gestohlen-d2403591.html
ski holidays
@boabski, Yep its perfect.

@stanton, I bet they don't....doesn't look good wherever it is....that said they wouldn't be getting much from me! Your latest wheeze no doubt, can't tell won't tell.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I've read the comments in here, but its not very clear (does anyone know!)? Happy Valley / Steissbachtal - I'm going out next week, any chance they will open this again?
latest report
@haydent, It will open again at some point but anyone's guess when, likely May time. It's clearly more than av risk, the thread-holder is the only one who knows and he's sworn to secrecy rolling eyes

I seriously wouldn't bank on it. Weird, but its clearly an immotive dispute issue involving ABB lift company, potentially land owners and whoever else (?) bad imo they need to sort it out. I've organised a large party of mixed abilities out next week and its going to be a big issue for them. They aren't doing themselves and good, many people will be going elsewhere if its not sorted, and quickly I'd suggest. Withholding their customers access long term and not delivering a full area available is not clever and I personally think that they should either open it or come clean and give people a partial refund on their lift passes, its a key route back to town.
ski holidays
boabski

Sonnenkopf mostly red but nothing too serious. Some nice easy blues from around the Sonnenkopfbahn. Go on a sunny day as mostly above the tree line. Also a nice blue back to the middle station in the trees. Enjoy!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy