Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2017/2018 (Mud Season May/June))

Poster: A snowHead
@stanton, that’s fine I don’t mind that as long as I can get there on the day I’m meant to and get in my accommodation.
This time (after that time 6-7 years ago when there was a lot of snow again and so the railway and road was closed) I will make sure I can get through before I get on the bus/train. I’d be better off staying in Zurich for a day and having a city day instead of trying to find somewhere to stay nearer St Anton at very short notice.

At least I know what might happen this time to be prepared properly.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This weekend will not be a problem weather wise with the trains
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Snowsartre,
It sounds like you are mixing up two available skipasses in Warth; 3-Täler (3Valleys) and SkiArlberg.
To be sure: 3 Täler is not for Lech/Zürs/St.Anton, you'll need the SkiArlberg pass for that.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 31-01-18 8:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, That would really be great news about Madlochbahn. End of last season it was semi-officially stated it would take 2-3 years.
But it is understandable of course they are speeding things up. Image-damage is building up....
Any more details?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
I wonder with the 50cm of new snow forecast if it will create travel disruption again this weekend?

It's coming in pretty cold so I think you'll be fine. Not really an exceptional amount for the Arlberg. The recent problems were as much about the warmth/rain following the snowfall as the mount of snow that fell.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Langerzug wrote:
@stanton, That would really be great news about Madlochbahn. End of last season it was semi-officially stated it would take 2-3 years.
But it is understandable of course they are speeding things up. Image-damage is building up....
Any more details?

Its a whisper but they are still arguing/discussing (Zug) the new 8person Gondola Zugerbergbahn as this will mean the felling of a lot of trees ...

Will see Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies

Much appreciated
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are in St Anton 3-10 Feb. If Steissbachtel still closed, how do we avoid ending up on the black? Thanks in advance.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stanton, @clarky999, ok thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bryan6, By going down with the Galzigbahn, or the Osthang-route (ungroomed)
No other options.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton, mmm, that sounds like too much of whispering to me for now. There is more than the trees to it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
96Hour Snow New Prognosis.... looking good Happy

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bryan6 wrote:
We are in St Anton 3-10 Feb. If Steissbachtel still closed, how do we avoid ending up on the black? Thanks in advance.

You could take the old ski route back from St Christoph..Maienseelift I + II T Bar then traverse off piste to the cat track then its all the way down to Kamin Stube Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know things can change, but how do you all see conditions being on and off piste next week (disregarding half term crowds)? Disappointed that the big snow isn’t coming but bright sunshine is nice too. Hoping enough snow comes down to soften top layer.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton wrote:
Langerzug wrote:
Any more details?

Its a whisper but they are still arguing/discussing (Zug) the new 8person Gondola Zugerbergbahn as this will mean the felling of a lot of trees ...

Will see Happy

Would the Zugerbergbahn follow the same line as Madlochbahn? From memory this is largely above the tree line? While they're at it, would they start it from the plateau above Zurs rather than down by the lake which involves a shirt uphill section!

The 4-man chairs up from Zurs village were also struggling last weekend - any plans to upgrade these?
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@VolklAttivaS5, @NEpow23,

This weekend and the next Two will be very busy whatever. The highway will be packed in & out always is.

Best to travel by Train.

I'm looking at potentially coming in thursday night, out sunday evening, by car

Why will it be busy this weekend I thought only a small proportion of german schools are off?

Am I right in thinking off piste is hard and icy so will need a lot of snow to fill it in?
ski holidays
Fantastic days’ skiing today, no off piste until new pow arrives tomorrow but totally empty runs, no queues, sunny and so much snow on the pistes....what a pleasure it is to ski in Arlberg right now.

For those who might be wondering ongoing about Steissbachtal....It’s clearly closed because of av risk, absolutely huge grass slope slides on Mattunjoch, Mattun below Kapall and below Schindlkar track out, nobody taking chances which is great to see. Well we saw just one person coming out of Mattun towards Zammermoosbahn today and a few of us gave him a good taking to....super-quiet on the mountain, simply awesome conditions for chasing about “voll-gas”😜
snow conditions
@8611, you’re joking - I’ve not seen one patch of ice. Big sweeping fast GS turns from top of Kapall last run all the way down to town via Fang, also down Kandahar and Schindlerkar same yesterday from top of Riffl 2 to town(bumps at top are amazing) but Riffl one down totally smooth - so much snow and pistes empty. If you know where and when to ski it’s perfect...👍 nobody about, fast hard skiing right now....powder tomorrow on though 😂😂
snow report
I was in Warth-Schröcken today - lovely, mellow piste skiing.

Our Mine Host told us that there was another significant slide in Mattun. There were certainly 2 big ones under the Flexenbahn. The snow pack is still unstable. Regardless of Stanton’s conspiracy theories, it is clear that the slopes above Steissbachtal cannot be considered as safe.
snow conditions
I mean off piste Marky, but am enthused by your report nonetheless. Very interested to see how much comes down tomorrow - resort website says not significant amounts due. Flitting between anton, ischgl or maybe somewhere further east where there's supposed to be more. Love ischgl, a bit bored of anton but its better off piste.
latest report
stanton wrote:
bryan6 wrote:

You could take the old ski route back from St Christoph..Maienseelift I + II T Bar then traverse off piste to the cat track then its all the way down to Kamin Stube Very Happy

Are they grooming the Kandahar anymore?
ski holidays
No snow fallen overnight in town (St Anton)

Just a mild earthquake at 2.50am, hotel shook and windows rattled. Anyone else felt it? It woke us up. 4.0 epicentre at Sonnenkopf.

https://www.zamg.ac.at/cms/de/geophysik/erdbeben/aktuelle-erdbeben/karten-und-listen/bebendetails/austria/quakes/2018032_evid52801816

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 1-02-18 6:41; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
@8611, off piste very limited, if you are coming specifically to do it then I’d suggest not the best time, nobody off piste - too cruddy north facing and south facing very unstable.
ski holidays
Feck.... thanks
ski holidays
Sound asleep at 3am - did not feel anything.

No snow yet (8am) and the forecast for the next 3 days suggests there will not be significant accumulation from this system.

It looks there are still problems with Tritt 2. Showing as closed. It was not turning yesterday morning, which lead to a circus on the route down to the piste. Many people over-estimated their abilities and were either frozen mid-slope or spearing across the bumps.
snow report
@ulmerhutte, it’s closed because of av risk
snow conditions
Earthquakes in Klösterle am Arlberg are not uncommon. there was one a few seasons back that everyone felt in St Anton.

This mornings shake down

http://www.nachrichten.at/nachrichten/chronik/Erdbeben-in-Vorarlberg;art58,2803902

ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/u13YIqXv9A4
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing down to town now
snow report
@stanton, No new Madlochbahn this summer. They need more time. Going to remodel the bottlenecks in the Madloch-piste also, to accommodate the larger number of skiers
snow report
Anyone know what days the band at Griabli are playing? Heading to Stuben for 4 days and would like to hit st Anton a couple of days at least for apres. Going on a couples break so don’t want the girls to cramp our style too much Toofy Grin
latest report
Langerzug wrote:
@bryan6, By going down with the Galzigbahn, or the Osthang-route (ungroomed)
No other options.

Thank you Lanzerzug, is the route to Galzigbahn clearly signposted before going beyond the point of no return?
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
bryan6 wrote:

Thank you Stanton.
latest report
Langerzug wrote:
@stanton, No new Madlochbahn this summer. They need more time. Going to remodel the bottlenecks in the Madloch-piste also, to accommodate the larger number of skiers

I said it was only a whisper & they will need the new Zugerbahn at the same time...There is pressure & Landowners are loving it !!!
snow report
Fairly decent amount coming down on Rendl now. Slightly wet and sticky.
latest report
Dry snow on the Galzig. It is not sticking to the goggles or chairlift bubbles.
snow conditions
boabski wrote:
Anyone know what days the band at Griabli are playing? Heading to Stuben for 4 days and would like to hit st Anton a couple of days at least for apres. Going on a couples break so don’t want the girls to cramp our style too much Toofy Grin

The band is advertised as being on Mondays and Wednesday’s but haven’t played there on those days this week. We are meeting some friends there this afternoon so I’ll find out what’s happening.
snow report
Looking good on the webcams currently. I'm going to be there tomorrow. When is this storm predicted to end. Some predictions Saturday
some show through to Monday?
snow report
boabski wrote:

The band is advertised as being on Mondays and Wednesday’s but haven’t played there on those days this week. We are meeting some friends there this afternoon so I’ll find out what’s happening.
snow conditions
@8611, correction re the above, get yourself out - it’s been snowing all mornings big and tomorrow on is going to be brilliant. Messing about on Gampen and Galzig all morning it’s great. -7C 365cm at Galzig and sacking it down!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy