Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet 2 free ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Last year I booked flights in June (for travel the following March) with Jet 2. They did an offer of free ski carriage, does anyone know if they do that regularly around June time? 4 of us planning to go away next year so it could save us a fair bit if they repeat the offer
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have booked flights with Jet2 in December for Lyon and Geneva in the past for Feb half term both with free ski carriage or ski carriage for £1. I seem to remember a similar offer in Feb this year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Am hoping they offer it again soon, keen to get booked up
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does this usually include all routes that could be used to get to a ski resort or limited to those commonly used?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morning

I have always wondered if this was a clever marketing ploy.

Has anyone ever tracked the price of a "plane ticket and paid for ski carriage" vs "plane ticket and free ski carriage"?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We booked our flights to Geneva for February half term this year last December. We flew Sunday to Sunday with the free ski bag offer. The same flights were £100 cheaper when they offered ski carriage for £1 at the end of January beginning of February. I rang up to try and add another ski bag for a quid to our booking but they wouldn't let me, said I had to pay full price for an additional ski bag. The ski bag offer was definitely offered on flights to Geneva, Lyon and Grenoble so I assume it is to all ski destinations at least.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used the ski bag for £1 a few times, sometimes taken the bag in the end, sometimes not.

Prices can be very low even when the offer is on (though fortunately I can travel at off peak days/times).

I guess the offer itself could increase bookings which would then cause the algor'thingy to put up the prices a bit, but other than that I'ld say it's a genuine offer (though of course all offers are ultimately marketing).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beware if ever using the Edinburgh Chambery Jet2 flights. We stopped using them after 3 occasions where they failed to carry the skis (any skis on the return leg) which we had paid for. The skis would come home later in the week in a van. On one occasion my skis were the only pair to arrive in Chambery.

Now we fly Easyjet Edinburgh to Geneva. The drive might be nearly an hour more but at least our baggage appears on the conveyor belt.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyrew wrote:
Beware if ever using the Edinburgh Chambery Jet2 flights. We stopped using them after 3 occasions where they failed to carry the skis (any skis on the return leg) which we had paid for. The skis would come home later in the week in a van. On one occasion my skis were the only pair to arrive in Chambery.

Pretty poor. Not such a disaster on the way home but not good at all on the way out.

How did they compensate you? Did they at the very least pay for your rental cost?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Were jet2 good otherwise? We've booked with them for the first time. They were considerably cheaper than others so not sure if that's for a reason!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ster wrote:
andyrew wrote:

Pretty poor. Not such a disaster on the way home but not good at all on the way out.

How did they compensate you? Did they at the very least pay for your rental cost?

I was the fortunate one when they didn't deliver on the way out, my skis were the only pair off. On the other 2 outbound flights skis seemed to arrive ok. So I haven't lost out financially from it. It was the return flight to Edinburgh that they never ever appeared. I have it from a "reliable source" that no skis had arrived back at Edinburgh the whole season. It was at this point we vowed to find an alternative carrier. Easyjet have not let us down so far, and they have had our custom quite a few times now. No compensation was ever offered for the inconvenience.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bambionskiis wrote:
Were jet2 good otherwise? We've booked with them for the first time. They were considerably cheaper than others so not sure if that's for a reason!

Flown wit hJet2 any number of times from Leeds Bradford and Manchester and never had any problems with ski carriage, flights just the same as any other low cost carrier
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Echoing the above, I've used Jet2 on pushing a hundred occasions (so several hundred pax/sectors), from Leeds & Manchester, to GVA and others, with skis & without.

Never yet had a luggage problem. I've had 2no issues: a badly delayed flight for which we (eventually) received the full (excessive) EU comp for the two pax; a tech issue causing a substitute plane at LBA too small for all passengers booked, we (3 pax) chose to be taxied to Manchester to catch an alternative (which was held for us) and received additional free flights to use on another occasion.

In summary, few problems for so much use, and those problems very satisfactorily resolved.

Shame their loyalty programme stopped including GVA & AGP as that made it useless to me (but only after I had several free flights before the change).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The ski issue with jet2 Edinburgh chambery is well known but on plus side it saves you lugging them about through customs and airport and they conveniently arrive by courier at your door within a day or two
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kb36 wrote:
The ski issue with jet2 Edinburgh chambery is well known but on plus side it saves you lugging them about through customs and airport and they conveniently arrive by courier at your door within a day or two

You make a point, but It wasn't quite so convenient for the guy we met the last time who was off on a ski course in Norway the next day...

The difference between other routes and EDI->CMF is, I have heard speculated, due to the aircraft type being a 737QC - the QC stands for Quick Change, i.e. they can whip all the seats out and turn it into a freighter very quickly. This makes it heavier than a standard 737 and so on an already runway length challenged route our skis are the last straw that breaks the donkey's (sic) back.
snow report
Thanks for the reassurances about Jet2. Was starting to worry.
snow conditions
Good things come to those who wait, £1 ski carriage offer appeared today. Flights to Salzburg from Edinburgh now booked for March 2018, a snip at 165 a head including hold baggage and ski /board carriage, roll on winter
snow report
@andyrew, Spot on but I think the QCs are retiring very shortly as the Royal Mail contract has moved to another airline, I shall check next time I am in the pub with YALPA (Yorkshore Airlines Pilots Association!)
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
@andyrew, Spot on but I think the QCs are retiring very shortly as the Royal Mail contract has moved to another airline, I shall check next time I am in the pub with YALPA (Yorkshore Airlines Pilots Association!)

I suppose some of your YALPA acquaintances must be flight crew on Yorkshire Airlines then?

http://youtube.com/v/IR9Zdgv2Kag

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Alastair Pink, Absolutely, joking aside it is quite unusual for me to get on an aircraft at Sir Geoffery Boycott International and not know one of the crew. Sadly, as its all low cost I don't get upgraded!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy