Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flims/Laax

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Am looking at Flims/Laax for the week 18 March, however have heard that it has mainly south facing slopes so was thinking that perhaps its a little late in the season for this resort. Is this the case?
Thanks,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LW, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I've been to Flims once...the 2nd week in March a few years ago (can't remember precisely!). We were fortunate in that we had a few top up's overnight, but by mid afternoon the lower slopes were very slushy. The glacier still had good snow though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LW, Flims/Laax should be fine in Mid march, there is a lot of Skiing above 2000M. You can still find good Skiing in Flims/laax mid April although the home runs tend to go to slush.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LW. It could be worth a punt that late, but those lower runs could well be poor. I've skied Flims/Laax a couple of times earlier in the season and it was fabulous. I'd personally avoid it in mid-March and enjoy it at its best. But, as blueskix says, so long as you're happy to ski the upper slopes, go for it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi stayed in Laax two weeks ago and it was amazing with lots of skiing for all types - tree lined, high altitude, groomed, ungroomed, patrolled secured "off piste" routes, motorway blasts and tree lined blacks. no queues for any of the lifts most of which are modern, although there are a few cable cars lying around. cant recommend it enough. Run 18 steg is a fantastic long black down to the village.

Although 70% of the skiing is above 2000m and it has a glacier (2 nice wide carvetstic blasts) it is all south facing, you would certainly have to stay high and possibly lift down to flims as the home runs are very shallow and would be hard work pushing through the slush.

Since no tour ops go there (the biggest plus) it looks like you're diy so why not book the flights to Zurich and then see what looks best out of Laax, St Anton, Isghl etc
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've stayed in Flims twice (resort height 1400) and if the snow's not good the bottom slopes are pretty horrendous. I think the best time to go would be Jan/Feb.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy