Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there a public swimming pool in Montgenevre?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We went to Montgenevre a couple of years back and loved it. We'd heard there was a nice public swimming pool 'somewhere' in or near town. But could we find it?! We're going again Feb and wondered if anyone had found it or knew of a pool at a complex in town which you could use. We so missed having a swim/soak after a day on the slopes. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a new spa and balneo centre close to the Chalmettes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hells Bells,
Is that next to the XC trail. Mrs M was really pissed off when they were building that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes it is a new building down from the Chalmettes lift, towards the Durancia drag lift. The actual place is called Durancia.

We went there one afternoon in Feb and wouldn't go there again. It's pricey and I found it very hot. For a family of 4, it was €31.50 for 1 hour or €50 for 2 hours. It does have quite a few things in there if you like that kind of thing, but the pool was too small, busy and hot to swim in.

There's also a cafe there which you can use separately. Our friends went there for lunch and said it was lovely, but after being fleeced at the spa we went back to the apartment for our own chocolats chaud.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PS You need to follow the main road going out of Montgenevre, away from Italy, and the entrance is in the public car park that is on your left just after the sharp bend in the road.

I think it opened in 2015-6 season but I could be wrong. We first went Easter 2015 and I don't remember it being there then.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@JuJitsoup, the Durancia has a 'season ticket' type of thing to buy and it lasts for 12 months. In reality, you'll only use it the week you are there but is costs IIRC 80 euros for 10 hours, redeemable at any time. Haven't used it yet, but we will be there in January and one of our group is keen http://www.durancia.com/en/home-2/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, that's great info. We so missed having any form of soak (we only had a shower in the apartment) after a hard day's skiing. This all sounds great and season ticket idea should really suit us. Now to find some cheap accom in Montegenevre.....new thread I think.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy