Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heathrow Meet and Greet Car Parking

Poster: A snowHead
I'm lucky that I normally use Gatwick and that the train is the obvious way to go. Ten minute walk to the station and it's rare I have more baggage than I can carry for that short walk. I can get the train to Southampton too. Nor flown from Heathrow for yonks, but train to Woking and coach works well. If it's too early in the morning to get a train I get a friend to give me a lift. - and I do the same for them when necessary.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone happen to know what Purple Parking cancellation policy is? I have just read their t&c`s and its not at all clear.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CaravanSkier wrote:
Anyone happen to know what Purple Parking cancellation policy is? I have just read their t&c`s and its not at all clear.

From https://www.purpleparking.com/terms-and-conditions

"Parking & Lounges

"If you need to cancel, you can do so up until a minute to midnight, two days before you arrive at the airport. So, if you fly on the 3rd, you'd need to cancel by 23:59 on the 1st. If you booked with us through another company, you will need to cancel with them directly.

"If you cancel in time, you will be refunded what you've paid, less our cancellation fee (where applicable), which is normally £10.50 for a lounge or a parking booking unless you added a cancellation waiver. The cost is higher for certain packages, but we will inform you of this before you book. With the waiver added to your package, we'll refund you the full cost of your package, less the waiver and card fees, but it must be added to the package at the time you booked.."

Which bit are you struggling with?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
errm to find that lol! Thank you very much.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used Purple Parking and all was OK, but I got confused and followed the purple signs, turns out those are the official Heathrow Meet and Greet not the Purple Parking ones rolling eyes Laughing I got the distinct impression its a common mistake!

It would be helpful if there was a dedicated disabled bay as the spaces are very tight, making it hard to get someone who needs help into and out of the car, but we managed.

I would certainly use them again so thanks for the recommendation folks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CaravanSkier wrote:
I used Purple Parking and all was OK, but I got confused and followed the purple signs, turns out those are the official Heathrow Meet and Greet not the Purple Parking ones rolling eyes Laughing I got the distinct impression its a common mistake!

It would be helpful if there was a dedicated disabled bay as the spaces are very tight, making it hard to get someone who needs help into and out of the car, but we managed.

The parking by Purple Parking at T5 certainly has rows of unused disabled spaces. Purple are pretty good (although I haven’t used them since they went bust a few months ago) but they are expensive compared to most of the other M&G operators.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I see the "staff" discount code doesn't work for Gatwick anymore. That's a bummer. Has anyone got any others that still work?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
CaravanSkier wrote:

The parking by Purple Parking at T5 certainly has rows of unused disabled spaces. Purple are pretty good (although I haven’t used them since they went bust a few months ago) but they are expensive compared to most of the other M&G operators.

Okay! So I would have been more cautious and maybe not used Purple Parking had I known of their venture into insolvency. However, alls well that ends well!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@CaravanSkier, 2 years ago and bought by holiday extras
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@CaravanSkier, 2 years ago and bought by holiday extras

So now financially secure? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CaravanSkier, why not? It's a different company now
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@holidayloverxx, Fair point. And on the basis of my recent experience I would use them again, after all even if they went bust again it maybe irritating and inconvenient but its hardly a loss of loads of money! I find I am just so very cynical these days, perhaps unfairly at times.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@CaravanSkier, The only concern about any of these companies going bust is that they have your car and you haven’t got a clue where it is!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@foxtrotzulu, Shocked Laughing I hadn`t thought of that! rolling eyes

I wonder if my holiday insurance would provide cover for a long, expensive taxi ride home?
snow report
met a couple in a Southampton hotel in who had just got off a cruise to find out the car park company had lost their keys. The cheapest option was for the company to put them up in the hotel and pay for a taxi to courier the spare set of keys to them.
snow report
@BergenBergen, I'm surprised they did that. All the companies I use say to take a spare set with you. I must confess I don't and there would be no way of anyone getting the spare keys. I would expect to jump on public transport and get them myself
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy