Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Be nice to admin...

Poster: A snowHead
I was a member of the North American based skidiva forum for about 3 years. (As are one or two other snowheads). In the end I bailed out. Culturally I couldn't handle the earnest girly group hug thing, all tied up in the north American inability to cope with irony and mickey taking. Oh, yes...and it had a complete ban on political discussions. Not sure where Epic membership stood on the latter. I'm not trying to out off our north American ski chums joining snowheads, but they might find the atmosphere a tad different and even a little perplexing at times Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perty wrote:
...... all tied up in the north American inability to cope with irony and mickey taking. ....

Has TGR changed *a lot* then? Long time since I used it - but I used to put on a hard hat before I logged in.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wot? wrote:
Acacia wrote:
I was shocked to read about the Epicski shutdown.

Shocked? Really? Do you think you ought to get some more excitement in life? wink

Sock or Come Over? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, same as always Toofy Grin But sift through and there's plenty of helpful stuff too - just like snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:
Perty wrote:
...... all tied up in the north American inability to cope with irony and mickey taking. ....

Has TGR changed *a lot* then? Long time since I used it - but I used to put on a hard hat before I logged in.

STFU, Jong!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perty wrote:
Culturally I couldn't handle the earnest girly group hug thing

Jeez, I thought I was the only one who couldn't handle the girly group hug thing! (though I can't claim it's "cultural" issue since I AM American. I just can't stand it)

Quote:
Oh, yes...and it had a complete ban on political discussions. Not sure where Epic membership stood on the latter.

Epic has a dedicated political talk section. But only paid members have access.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
Just for the record I'd like to register my full support for the sentiment expressed in the title of this topic.

It's hard to be nice to somebody who gets to ski quite as much.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles wrote:
Perty wrote:

I can't understand what people are saying on TGR. Stuff about maggots.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
STFU.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Themasterpiece wrote:
achilles wrote:
Perty wrote:

I can't understand what people are saying on TGR. Stuff about maggots.

Yeah it's predominantly a carp fishing forum now but with a bias towards fat fishing rods and naked pictures of your sister Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@wot?,

First post a flame. Are you Whitegold or Stanton in disguise?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Acacia wrote:
@wot?,

First post a flame. Are you Whitegold or Stanton in disguise?

Can't be.

Those 2 have some style (albeit no substance).

This one is just a troll.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Ha! TGR is terrifying.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quite passive trolling.
ski holidays
Quite passive and mild.

It's only trolling because it's the first post.
snow report
admin wrote:
Just for the record I'd like to register my full support for the sentiment expressed in the title of this topic.

blimmin trolls.... they get everywhere
ski holidays
Good morning @wot?, welcome to snowheads wink
ski holidays
@wot?, good morning.
latest report
@wot?, morning.

Got to agree "shocking" is a bit strong.
snow conditions
The Internet is probably not the best place for those easily shocked.
ski holidays
Just cos they're easy doesn't mean they don't like it.
Maybe the Internet is the best place for those easily shocked.
latest report
wot? wrote:
google says snowheads is the friendly ski club. ..

Gosh. Does it really? Have they read the Brexit thread Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Epic lives on...................but only until May 12th
snow report
@achilles, probably a comparative thing against TGR and Ski Club.
snow report
wot? wrote:
@Norrin Radd, why, thank you.
it's getting so friendly around here i feel i'm going to have to change my name to lionel soon

Lionel Soon, better than some of the names on here.
snow report
@wot? you need to go to http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98726
snow conditions
Better shocked than socked.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The skiing Internet hasn't been the same since JWAZ was shut down. Thankfully some of the residents put up camp here and actually turned out to be decent humans.

The jury is still out on me but I do occasionally try.

Epic will be missed but will turn up again in some shape or form
snow conditions
blahblahblah wrote:
wot? wrote:
@Norrin Radd, why, thank you.
it's getting so friendly around here i feel i'm going to have to change my name to lionel soon

Lionel Soon, better than some of the names on here.

Speak for yourself NehNeh
ski holidays
Acacia wrote:
Better shocked than socked.
touche Smile
snow conditions
in case nobody found out the reason (i didn't see a link skimming through this thread)

epicski owned by MNC (vail resorts) the platrofm it is hosted on (Huddler) is being closed down by its owners (wikiie (sp)) adn MNC decised it was not worth the cost of migrating the site to another platform

nice of them to tell the moderators before the masses eh rolling eyes
latest report
JWAZ, Epic, Ifyouski & (I think...?) Natives forums have all gone tits up. SCGB site's chat section is dead but stubbornly refuses to be decently buried.

sH will be up for a long service award soon !!
Thanks to Admin for keeping it simple and to the Mods for their lightness of touch. Long may sH flourish. An influx of newbies wouldn't go amiss - shame Epic's closure is happening at the end of the northern hemisphere ski season. Gets a bit quiet here in the summer - unless you're into politics!!! wink
snow report
All is not lost.
JWAZ News Desk now functions on WTF Ski Club, where Jef Wickes makes occasional literary contributions. E.g.

"Urologist blew company funds on ski lessons"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/permalink/1001363576633196/
Or New York Post original story (priceless): http://nypost.com/2017/05/02/urologist-pissed-away-2m-in-company-funds-suit/

WTF Jetski Club [spin-off]
Radical video, with poolside statues
https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/permalink/1000470056722548/
snow conditions
@Davina Goldballs, im mostly amazed at how the 'journalist' chose to end 8 paragraphs with 'the suit says'. There are 5 year olds that would write that article better.
latest report
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Did not realise you were so easily amazed.
snow report
@mcspreader, yep. That person was probably paid money to write that. Amazing.
ski holidays
@SnoodlesMcFlude, but probably not paid much.

Pay peanuts, got monkeys.
snow report
@abc, if they had a snack pack of KP then it was still too much Very Happy
snow report
Davina Goldballs wrote:
All is not lost.
JWAZ News Desk now functions on WTF Ski Club, where Jef Wickes makes occasional literary contributions. E.g.

"Urologist blew company funds on ski lessons"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/permalink/1001363576633196/
Or New York Post original story (priceless): http://nypost.com/2017/05/02/urologist-pissed-away-2m-in-company-funds-suit/

WTF Jetski Club [spin-off]
Radical video, with poolside statues
https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/permalink/1000470056722548/

SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@Davina Goldballs, im mostly amazed at how the 'journalist' chose to end 8 paragraphs with 'the suit says'. There are 5 year olds that would write that article better.

There doesn't seem to be any fault with the journalism at all. It references court-submitted documentation from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd paragraphs onwards - not the 8th paragraph.

It's a story about a medical practitioner - someone who obviously has to act professionally to high ethical standards - who has allegedly "pissed away $2 million in funds".
It's a revelation (if true - and that's for the court to decide) that ski lessons are not always funded in ways one might expect.

The reporter says that the alleged 'pis[[][/i]ser of funds' was invited to comment but "was unavailable to comment because he was seeing patients." If this one goes to trial we shall see how it pans out.

SnoodlesMcFlude - My advice to you, young sir/madam, is 'not to piss your life away by writing pointless posts to internet forums'.

And it's probable that Julia Marsh - author of this piece for the New York Post - is paid professionally to generate scoops of this quality.

The tedious and oft-expressed cynicism toward journalism that we've seen expressed on snowHeads over the years - usually unjustified - has to be squared against the general level of tripe, cackle, trolling and dross that infests this - and other - comment media on the internet.

In my experience, comment is most trustworthy when it carries a real name - maybe Julia Marsh is an example - rather than some anonymous clown using a terribly witty pseudonym.

Yours sincerely
David Goldsmith
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy