Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,

Wondered if anyone can shine some light on something I've been thinking about... I'm quite a new skier, went for my first trip this year to Lapland for a week.

I'm going to Ischgl for a week in January 2018 - early January, I fly out solo on the 6th. I'm just curious, should I expect it to be quieter then?, or will it be packed?.

The quieter the better for me to be honest.

Thanks all! Smile

Daniel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will be fairly quiet. If by any chance Ischgl is busy then Galtur just along the road is an ideal place for an intermediate to build there ski skills. There is a shuttle bus from Ischgl tp Galtur that runs all day.

NB You need the SILVRETTA SKI PASS

If skiing Ischgl consider downloading in the gondola at the end of the day until you are confident of your abilities to route find down to the base and able to deal with the steep pitches.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The first week or two of January will be fairly busy. Jan 7th is Russian Christmas, so still within holiday time. It is never too busy to learn to ski though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@TQA, @mayr, Thank you, I booked through Ingham's and I've got a "whole area" ski pass included, would that include Galtur?.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnowBeau wrote:
@TQA, @mayr, Thank you, I booked through Ingham's and I've got a "whole area" ski pass included, would that include Galtur?.

I would guess so. There are two passes sold.

One covers Ischgl/Samnaun.

The other Ischgl/Samnaun, Galtür, Kappl and See. That fits the description of your pass.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wouldn't worry. The pass that covers Galtur, Kappl and See is only a few Euros more.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SnowBeau, it's great area. Ending the seasoning with some amazing snow right now. The routes down to the valley are pretty hectic at the end of the day (I think they are a blast, but they do get chopped up and busy). So you might want to consider a more leisurely down load in the lift. Plenty of good areas to learn though. Apres is full on, but plenty of good restaurants (cheap and expensive) and quieter wine bars if you prefer that. All in all it's a great combination.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just come down the mountain. Conditions amazing for the time of year. Thousands at the top of the mountain concert. Tonight the whole village will be rocking.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Saturday morning was the best alpine conditions I'd experienced all season. In nearly May! 30cm+ of cold dry powder and bluebird skies...stunning. Had to watch out for sharks though and powder stress was fairly high.

Yesterday almost as good...bluebird again, fantastic snow all over the mountain loads of which still untracked. Deserted on the Swiss side in the afternoon.

Today frustratingly looks like it is going to start dumping in the afternoon down to resort level...in May...but just as everything shuts down for the season. Can't complain though, crazy good conditions for the time of year.

January 2018 should be a great time to visit. My 2 visits here have been superb - last one was in January and was fine for queues and crowds. Fantastic resort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess it hasn't been a good season then - I was elsewhere.

Down the road, Sölden had pretty excellent conditions on Friday (about 30cm of fresh up top, 15cm at village level!) which is in my experience very rare for this time of year. You didn't need to go off piste to get face shots. They had significantly more open than usual as a consequence and the place was generally busier than usual for this time.

Saturday/ Sunday were blue sky days with good conditions - not too warm, not too frozen. Everything was tracked by then and there was some minor slide activity on south facing slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy