Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Season 17/18

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Looking for some advice. The project I'm currently working on finishes at the tail end of this year and I'm thinking that it might be an option to take a few months off work once the project is complete. Obviously with the time of year the project finishes it lends itself nicely to looking at ski season options. I've got a few questions which I'm hoping to get some answers to:

- What would people recommend when it comes to going away for a few months skiing? Should I look into getting some work or should I just ski non stop? I've got some decent savings so there could be potential for me to do it without having to work. However I probably wouldn't want to blow all of these so a PT/FT work option would probably be preferable.
- Work options - any recommendations on the best companies to look at for getting work? When should I start looking? What sort of jobs do people recommend? I'm likely only available after Christmas so this might cause complications I would imagine.
- Language - I did French when I was at school however my language skills are very basic. Would having a decent grasp of a foreign language be a necessity for most employers?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
What sort of jobs do people recommend?

Ones for which you are experienced or qualified are a good start.

Ask yourself these questions :

What do you want to do?
What do you have qualifications in ?
What do you have experience in ?
What can you do?
What are you willing to do?
Would you want UK min wage? FR Min Wage? Swiss Min wage?
What would you not do ?
Must it be legal? - That might seem facile, but you'd be amazed how many jobs there are that are not 100% legit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy