Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia lift pass question

Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 11-10-21 21:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@anarski, AFAIK you can't, you'd have to buy day passes for Zermatt which is not a cost saving. Definitely better to buy the international pass. I seem to remember it works out cheaper on the Italian side too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am a bit surprised if you can't upgrade a Cervinia pass for one day. You can certainly upgrade a Zermatt pass when going over to Cervinia for the day. But a one day upgrade is not that different in price to a one day pass.

If you are likely to go over more than one day you are definitely better off gettting an international pass from the start. This is a personal view but if you are there for a week I would certainly get an international pass.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes you can upgrade for the day- can't remember how much (I think it might be about 30 euros?) You just pay at the lift pass desk and they issue you an extra ticket.

If you want to go over for more than one or 2 days probably best getting the full international pass.

Not been for a few years but I do remember that the Cervinia only pass covers you for a day at other ski resorts in Aosta valley -which could be a good option if bad weather one day Cervinia/ Zermatt.

When you go over to Zermatt don't go to the first mountain hut you get to- thought I was going to have to sell a kidney to finance a round of hot chocolates! Shocked Drinks at other places were more reasonable!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, it's changed since I was there then. I had an international pass, but some friends with me had to buy day passes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were in Cervinia last week. We bought local area passes which give you access to Cervinia/Valtournanche plus a day I think at another Aosta Valley resort - Pila etc.

We were told locally that if you plan to spend more than 2 days in Zermatt get the international pass, otherwise just buy day tickets - which I think were 34 euros each. You can only get these on the day though (the lift office by the Cretaz chair opens at 08.20) and they wont sell them if the link is closed.

Whatever, do go over though - the scenery is absolutely stunning plus the skiing's not shabby...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 11-10-21 21:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@anarski, high winds close the links. If possible, wait until the last minute and see what the next weeks conditions are like, specifically wind strength. If it's all quiet get the full pass, if it's looking dodgy get the local and day passes if/when the links open.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you plan to stay overnight in Zermatt there is a GOTCHA!

You can not start your day in Zermatt on a Cervinia /Zermatt pass. It is something to do with the pricing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TQA wrote:

You can not start your day in Zermatt on a Cervinia /Zermatt pass. It is something to do with the pricing.

Indeed it's all quite clever really - conceptually you'd think prices should be the same , access to the same area etc but vastly different value in CHF and Eur plus generally much lower Italian cost of living would make it prohibitive to charge full CHF price in Cervinia. So if you want to ski Zermatt for cheap you can do but run risk on weather/connection & they make sure no cheating with the first access rule otherwise you could ski over on a one day pass and then buy a Italian pass for the rest of the week.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

yes it states this on the terms and conditions. In 2016, when based in Cervinia, we skied down to Zermatt to catch a gig at Zermatt Unplugged. We booked a hotel through a hotel website for a single night. We were still able to get the lift up in the morning so I'm not sure exactly how strictly this is enforced. Not sure i'd buy a Cervinia international pass if i was based in Zermatt though!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Buy the local pass. The links are prone to closing up high, and it is a fair trek over, worth doing for one day, but so is Pila which is covered on the local pass. Worked out loads cheaper.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Most is said, don't buy international except when you are sure you are going at least 2 days to Zermatt. The international pass doesn't cover the Acosta Valley extension, so with the international pass you cannot go to Pila, Courmayeur, La Thuile, Chamois or Torgnon.

I've been here 3 times, 2 time (almost) the whole week de link was opened, last year it was only closed (as were Cervinia for 1 day). Pila is a really good alternative though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just an update on this thread please, does anyone have the price for 17/18 lift pass (that covers both Cervinia and Zermatt)?

It seems some of the sites I have checked there is a price difference, I know there will be commission added to them but the difference is huge.

Crystal are wanting £291 but the official site says 199 Euros.

Thanks for any info in advance.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
316 euros in Feb 2018 (from official site ...)

http://www.cervinia.it/en/inverno/tariffe-internazionali
ski holidays
Many thanks for the pointer.
snow report
anarski, if you are buying your pass in resort, go to snowforecast and check the forecast for wind at the top for the week, I went there last year and the link was only open on 2 days out of 6. This year we went to Aosta and found that the Aosta valley pass was good value as it covered the entire valley from Courmayour all the way to Monterosa ski, if you don't have a car the local pass may be best for you, there is a good amount of skiing in Cervinia and Valtourneche both on the local pass. As I remember the one day Zermatt pass was about 45 euros. If the link is not open they wont sell a Zermatt pass. Only buy on the day when you know the forecast is good would be my recommendation, believe me it really does get VERY windy at times, but when the weather is good its a good choice for early to mid intermediates. The trip to Zermatt is definitely worth it if you can, but watch the time for the journey back, latest lift times to get back are shown in the lift stations.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy