Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Damaged ski - how/where to repair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have somehow managed to damage my ski on my latest ski trip and am unsure of how or where to get it repaired? I'm not bothered about the cometrics but don't want water ingress into the core or any issues with the edge as it appears to have been "disloged/come away" a bit.

Any advice?

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Send it to the Piste Office, Spyderjon will sort it if it can be sorted, and give you good honest advice even if it isn't in his business interest on what to do.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would ask Spyderjon in the first instance if you are unsure of what you are doing or if you are worried about the integrity of the ski.

If you are interested in a DIY fix then you could potentially use 24hr epoxy, a hairdryer and a C clamp(s) to fix this. You would:

1) make sure the damaged areas are clean and dry
2) mix the epoxy
3) use the hairdryer to warm the epoxy such that it is less viscous
4) work the runny epoxy into the damaged areas
5) clamp it until the epoxy cures

Were it me, the topsheet damage says easy DIY fix, the edge damage probably merits a second opinion.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've dropped Jon an e-mail, thanks all.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy