Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels in St Anton or Mayrhofen NO Austrian Twins

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to book a week in Austria for a group of 16 blokes. Some of the group may not be too keen on 'Austrian Twin' beds.

Can anyone recommend some hotels in a sensible price range that offer normal twin beds?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From previous threads on this, you will be very lucky.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you want the moon on a stick?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some Austrian hotels have twins that can be separated, but you're probably best to contact the hotel concerned and ask them. TBH you're likely to encounter enough problems finding accommodation for 16 blokes without being fussy about the sleeping arrangements.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK. Sounds like a non-starter.

@Dave of the Marmottes, Can I have two Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chalet Pia will fit 16 blokes and twins can be separated. From experience not a big deal as most don't bother and get over their concerns after boozing on the first day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
* in St Anton
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ozboy wrote:
Chalet Pia will fit 16 blokes and twins can be separated. From experience not a big deal as most don't bother and get over their concerns after boozing on the first day.

If that's the chalet Pia that SkiWorld run/ran, it was done up summer just gone and is now several smaller chalets.

IIRC, the St Martin in St Anton (currently run by Alpine Elements) had quite a few split beds as opposed to twins.

OP, it's going to be a case of getting in touch with the various hotels etc. to find out the make up of the beds, but considering it is Austria, you're gonna find a lot of Austian twins. Having said that, a number of chalets that I've worked in have had enough space for one of the mattresses to go on the floor if people are really that averse to the Austrian twin idea (plenty of occasions I've walked in to clean rooms and found mattresses on the floor).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Sitter, yes that's the one. Quite sad as I have fun memories of a few years where we were fortunate enough to have a group big enough to book the whole place.

OP - if it was me booking I woundn't stress - don't tell them and let the boys figure it out. There are enough things to worry about herding a group through the commitment, booking and payment stages.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We find Austrian Twins are fine. It's all a bit of a laugh really. The hotel we stay at in Saalbach has separate mattresses and duvets obviously.

How about booking triples? That way, if anyone if squeemish about sleeping next to their mate then they can have the single.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Top and tail so no-one is sleeping head to head
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm always amused by this aversion to Austrian twins. Book the lads into a mountain refuge and let them find out about real, cosy sleeping arrangements - with strangers (never mind good mates! )

(For the unitiated, the reguges often offer a large sleeping platform with rows of guests, side by side - mixed sexes as well. Rooms for 20 or more are commonplace. You get your own alllocated space, blanket & pillow but sometimes space is at a premium and you are more or less guaranteed a night with a loud snorer somewhere in the room... Austrian twins are a luxury in comparison! wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
16 guys in St Anton getting wssted every night.

Just be glad to get some sleep...

Twin beds is normal just rrlsx..sounds likr your group are already stressing..
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bergmeister, haha. These foks obviously never tried the Scandivian mixed 8,12 mixed (strangers)dormitory hotels in Stockholm,Copenhagen etc..

All very normal clean & cheap
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pepis Ski hotel st anton. The beds slide apart on a rail mechanism
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy