Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

40th Anniversary Special - Engadine/Glacier Express/Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I thinking about taking the wife on a special winter holiday to mark our 40th Anniversary. We would probably go about the last week in January 2018. Generally we head to Wengen where we stay at the Victoria Lauberhorn which this year cost us about £2200. I was thinking of 3 days in St Moritz (4 nights) or Pontresina, a day on the Glacier Express to Zermatt and another 3 days (4 nights) in Zermatt.

So my questions are:
1. She no longer skis but hikes, and so we like to meet up for lunch. It is possible for her to get up lifts and enjoy walks in the snow in these areas?
2. If so, where should we stay. She would enjoy staying in somewhere that has a pool if possible. We are seeking good value for money, modern furnishings, comfortable beds, good breakfast and evening meal included. We would book direct.
3. I understand a lift pass in the Engadine is only CHF 35 extra a night. Is there a similar scheme in Zermatt?

Flights are very cheap at the moment and we would get a Swiss Transfer to and from the resorts.

Any comments in particular or in general would be most welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @DixieDean .. Stay at Hotel Seiler (I think thats what its called)
I took my misses there for 50th Birthday .. twas about 17 yesrs ago and she enjoyed it.

Take a picnic on the train from Geneva, you can buy some wine or bubbly from the Super Market above the station at the airport.
Travel first class and ride on the starboard side of the train and look over the lake.

There is a train up to somewhere high from across the street from the main station. where you can ski ...
I dont know what its like for snow shoeing up there.

The Hotel Seiler is just a few steps from the station and the have a pool and views of Mt Toblerone.
Very pleasant rooms.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy