Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bolle/Giro head shapes for helmets.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got an old (15 years?) Bolle helmet which is probably well past it's sell by date and certainly well past any semblance of being sanitary.

I need a new helmet. Living here on the fringes of the atlantic in Ireland I do more by mail order than not, so sportpursuit seems to be my default "shop" these days. I know I should try helmets on, but that's not really practical.

My current Bolle helmet is ok, but does fit a bit snugger on the forehead/rear axis than side to side. My cycling helmet is a Giro and fits like a glove. Sportpursuit have a few Giro helmets on at the moment, so I'm looking at one of those.

Does anyone know if a good cycling helmet fit/shape will translate into a good ski helmet shape?
Are Giro helmets simailar/different to Bolle shapes?
Do Giro helmets have a good range of adjustment?
Do Giro helmets have a 'wide range of goggle compatability?

Any other Giro specific comments would be very much appreciated.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best of course is to try and buy. For the last 5-6 years I use Giro G10 and it fits (me) perfectly with sufficient adjustments and regulated flow of air. Very comfortable for my slightly odd shaped head and the fluffy ear pads are very nice too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Giro cycle helmet also fits like a glove and on on that basis I ordered a Giro 9.10 untried from Decathlon (£39.99). The fit feels pretty much the same proved very comfy last week in St Anton.

I assume Giro have a certain generic shape and fit. The 9.10 has the wheel adjuster that makes it easy to adjust, as I think most if not all of their models do, and although I did try a number of others in local shops nothing really felt comfy.

The 9.10 does look a little 'bulbous' in my opinion meaning it has a certain stormtrooper look about it but Giro do a number of shapes.

From my experience you should be fine if you're happy with your Giro cycle helmet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers mate. I think I'll order one and see.

The reviews of the one I'm getting do describe it variously as a 'low profile' and 'street inspired' look, so hopefully not to bulbous, but at the end of the day comfort is king and looks don't really matter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy