Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slush - Wax?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tried searching to no avail.
Whats best for skiing the slush this Easter? I seem to recall www.zardoznotwax.com being praised on here, is this the way forward?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boredsurfin, against all the instructions I use toko 'blue for artificial' when skiing Spring slush - last loads longer than anything else we have used. A hard wax seems to work best for us.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 2-04-17 22:28; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.datawax.com/ski-snowboard/snow-waxes/high-performance-waxes

I used this company. Seems quite good. They do a spring snow wax.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boredsurfin, black.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boredsurfin,
Any warm wax is better than a cold wax, and a bit of Zardoz makes it so much better.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boredsurfin, was sceptical about Zardoz in slush, but am a convert, apply morning and again in the afternoon for all day cover, or just pm when it turns.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@radar, Zardoz works well, but lasts about 20 minutes IME. Any wax is better than no wax in slushy snow, but I've found warm wax better even if it needs more frequent waxing. Make sure you brush well after scraping.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Base structure probably as important as wax - do you know a good shop that can put in a good structure? The newer machines can do all sorts of cool stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiwax is a waste of time and money.

Wax scrubs off on the snow after a few minutes of sliding.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
Skiwax is a waste of time and money.

Wax scrubs off on the snow after a few minutes of sliding.

Ok....

rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the reminder. I'm off on Friday and this prompted me to check how much not notwax I had left and the bottle was nearly empty. Just swiftly re-ordered a new puck from Jon.

For wax I've used the Holmenkol yellow, and the Datawax Graphite green for spring conditions. I'm not sure I can say which I've found better. In any case I find in spring slush it doesn't seem to matter how much wax I try and load into the base, the wet snow sucks it out within a day or two max.

As Rob mentioned I don't find notwax lasts particularly long - maybe a couple of hours, but is way better than nothing especially as the day wears on in spring. So I tend to apply a wipe of notwax at lunchtime to see me through the softer/wetter afternoon session. On spring mornings when it's hard and icy I don't tend to bother, though looking at temperatures for next week I'll probably notwax in mornings as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy