Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sale time..oops...bought some (more) skis..

Poster: A snowHead
Blizzard Brahmas...£329 without bindings..Have been raving about them every time I have had a chance to test them. I even have some justification after one half of my well used Latigos gained a kink down the tail end. Don't you just love/hate it when the ski tech sucks in his breath and pronounces skis unrepairable. Both a tragedy and also opens up a whole world of retail opportunities..... Laughing Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snap!... Except I paid £50+ less (sorry) Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
S&R have got 180cm Brahma's at the stupidly cheap price of £276!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, That pee'd on their strawberries. Razz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, I saw them...but they only had the 180s in stock...am already skiing longer than most ski shops would recommend (5ft 5 female and 60kg) but I just think they are fab (am trying to avoid the word "awesome")!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Didn't pee on mine either. S+R have just delivered mine direct to @spyderjon,
I do feel a bit short changed by shipping them to Jon as I don't get to unwrap them or lean them upin the living room to look at instead ofthe TV Sad

Just got to decide on bindings now Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perty wrote:
......am already skiing longer than most ski shops would recommend (5ft 5 female and 60kg) but I just think they are fab (am trying to avoid the word "awesome")!

Isn't the Black Pearl the chic's equivalent?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mollerski wrote:
Perty wrote:
......am already skiing longer than most ski shops would recommend (5ft 5 female and 60kg) but I just think they are fab (am trying to avoid the word "awesome")!

In shape yes but it doesn't have the two metal layers. The Black Pearl equivalent was the Bushwacker which was dropped last season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:
The Black Pearl equivalent was the Bushwacker which was dropped last season.

That must've been a very bendy ski. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
Perty wrote:

In shape yes but it doesn't have the two metal layers. The Black Pearl equivalent was the Bushwacker which was dropped last season.

which you canbuy as a 2015 "test ski" for £85 delivered from the Eu
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blizzard-2015-16-Brahma-166-Skis-/222316832638?hash=item33c31da77e:g:UqkAAOSwcUBYLInf

wish they where a size bigger
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What made you folks go for the brahma over the bona? Did anyone try the kendo?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mother hucker, The Kendo feels too sqibby and dampoo, whereas the Brahma is more responsive and better balanced.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mother hucker, Ive got a pair of WD Ranger108cl and wanted something narrower/more piste orientated. The Bonafide @98 waist isn't really that ski. I've tested a few skis in this sort of range and loved the Brahma from the first turn.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
adithorp wrote:
wanted something narrower/more piste orientated .... loved the Brahma from the first turn.

Me too, so I went for the Latigo in 184 which is so much more of a ski than just a "slimmer version" of the Brahma. Cool
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
spyderjon wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
Perty wrote:

which you canbuy as a 2015 "test ski" for £85 delivered from the Eu

Where from? Are ex test skis in reasonable nick?
ski holidays
Just Bought BD HALO Jetforce Happy

£486 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not skis.... but I had to tell someone. Happy
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
.... but I had to tell someone. Happy

There might just be some truth in this retail therapy idea.
ski holidays
@GlasgowCyclops, getting serious then?
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
S&R have got 180cm Brahma's at the stupidly cheap price of £276!

That's a ridiculously good price for a great ski.
latest report
Scarlet wrote:

Yep; OP at EOSB. Thought it was time to take the plunge on a bag. Happy Plus my 11l dakine was always a jam.
snow conditions
My recent 'oops': nipped into Ellis Brigham for a ski bag and left also with a pair of 145cm junior SL skis.
ski holidays
balernoStu wrote:
My recent 'oops': nipped into Ellis Brigham for a ski bag and left also with a pair of 145cm junior SL skis.

Ahem.. A bit short for you.... no? Happy
snow report
Scarlet wrote:

That does make me wonder what your definition of "serious" is?
snow conditions
Picked up a pair of Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Ti Evo's in the sale. Incredible skis. I love them.
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
balernoStu wrote:

Ahem.. A bit short for you.... no? Happy

Well, some of the indoor courses can be pretty tight Wink
ski holidays
adithorp wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

More serious than me, I suppose, as I don't have an airbag mainly due to my lack of spare cash this time of year. I just noticed that the Cyclops has signed himself up for the off-piste intro clinics, and then promptly dropped 400+ notes on the shiny shiny Toofy Grin Toofy Grin I guess he'll be hitting the couloirs by about Thursday wink
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
adithorp wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

More serious than me, I suppose, as I don't have an airbag mainly due to my lack of spare cash this time of year. I just noticed that the Cyclops has signed himself up for the off-piste intro clinics, and then promptly dropped 400+ notes on the shiny shiny Toofy Grin Toofy Grin I guess he'll be hitting the couloirs by about Thursday wink

That is the plan. Did some deepish stuff with Tania, Essex and PaulC1984 in BB (a secret place Tania knows) Happy

I'm also thinking of a day guided on EOSB Of piste. The way I looked at it. At £486 for a 28l Jetforce I could easily sell it for a few quid less used once or twice. They are about £850 RRP and the cheapest I've seen this is £680 so at the price it was a no brainer. Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@GlasgowCyclops, Go for it! Maybe I'll buy it off you when they change the colour wink
latest report
You do realise that because the jetforce is multi deployment there is no guilt factor when your "mates" "accidentallly" pull the trigger when you're in a gondola or such like or even putting your skis on in the morning.h
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, in two weeks' time, you too can be that "mate" wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@GlasgowCyclops, you know you have to test those things late night in a bar yes? I shall await your friday night video.
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Just Bought BD HALO Jetforce Happy

£486 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not skis.... but I had to tell someone. Happy

Amazing price.
ski holidays
I couldn't justify buying myself any more skis this year, so I got junior some Atomic Infamous with Wardens for £170 Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy