Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in Mayrhofen this week. Unfortunately didn't do any real research into where best to go before I got here (very busy - that's my excuse any way). I was just wondering what advice other folks may have - beyond go high (it's very warm in the town). I'm an advanced intermediate - happy to do all colours of pisted slopes.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You've got a few options (depending on your lift pass).. simplest being going up the Penkenbahn which takes you up to a pretty substantial area, there are alternative ways to get up to the same area are available depending on where you're based in Mayrhofen (from Finkenberg or Hoarberg which are at the extreme ends of town).. the other area you can access directly from Mayrhofen is via the Ahornbahn (the big cable car on going up the South side of the valley), the ski area isn't so large up there, and the only way to ski back down is down a black (which isn't always open, best to check first), great run though Smile

If the temperatures are getting too high, you can always jump on a bus and head up the Tux valley to the glacier at Hintertux, snow will be fab up there.. off the same bus you can access the Rastkogelbahn & Eggalmbahn which aren't big areas in themselves, but a change of scenery and usually a bit quieter..

You'll have to ask around for the actual bus services as I've never actually used them (I was driving instead), but I know there's stops by the main lifts in town..

Hope that helps, and enjoy a Zillertal Weissbier for me Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Busses will take you to Hintertux (green line, best from train station), Horberg gondola, Ahorn, Penken gondola - anywhere.
Also train from station to Kaltenbach, Zell am Ziller etc.
If it's as hot as last week, head to bar and sunlounger - too hot to ski!!

And watch out for all too many idiots out there, as my acls know to their cost!

Snow quality will be best at top of Tux; also try Rastkogel, via Penken or Horberg & cable car, also nice.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow bombing! I was there last year, only skied the first day :Picard:
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SkiFrogger, I know what you mean. Was just out in the main street with my kids for supper and narrowly avoided a very drunken scouse trying to punch someone. Clearly forgotten the party goes on all night. My wife asked for the bill and we made a quick exit. I think we will eat outside of town the next few nights.

For skiing I doubt most of the revellers will ski at all so Penken probably ok. Snow holding up ok on north facing slopes and Rastkogel areas. We want up to glacier yesterday, snow was great but very windy. Today we went to Zell which was excellent (many north facing slopes) and had a great time. Hardly anyone on pistes. 10 mins from Mayrhofen. Well worth a day or two.

Weather may close in tomorrow afternoon but we will head up to glacier again in the AM. I haven't been over to Fugen yet so not sure how it's holding up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi - thanks for advice. Went to Rastkogel today. Really good snow for the season. Hopefully head to the glacier soon. Thanks!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SkiFrogger, Kaltenbach/Hoch Fugen are well worth the short trip on the train. It's a short walk from the Kaltenbach train station to the gondolas and there's a good range of enjoyable pistes plus some great huts for chilling out in.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After a number of visits to Mayrhofen we found a great pizza place last September - a nice little place just up from the Ahorn cable car (just about under the cable). Lovely outdoor tables with great views of the mountains as darkness fell. Nice pizzas too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
After a number of visits to Mayrhofen we found a great pizza place last September - a nice little place just up from the Ahorn cable car (just about under the cable). Lovely outdoor tables with great views of the mountains as darkness fell. Nice pizzas too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy