Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Ministerial Decree to Ban Off Piste Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.skipass.com/news/146779-le-ski-hors-piste-va-etre-interdi.html

Run the page through Google Translate and look at all the comments !!!

A valid ban only on ski areas

This point refers to the distinction between off-piste skiing and ski-touring or ski-mountaineering that we have already mentioned. From what we have understood, only off-piste skiing, that is to say within the ski areas , would be concerned. Ski touring and ski-mountaineering, practiced outside the ski areas, would remain permitted for the moment. The off-piste, he joined the heliski in the list of practices totally prohibited on French soil.

For what reasons ?

The most obvious reasons seem to be the avalanche risk and the deaths it causes each winter off-piste, that is, just under half of the total avalanche deaths, Itself is about thirty by winter.

But above all, off-piste skiing has a bad reputation due to its name and a general lack of knowledge of the practice. We are inclined to think that the media treatment of avalanche accidents and the reactions of public opinion may have played a role in this affair. If you follow a few articles and comments about avalanche accidents, you will quickly understand what we are talking about. We mentioned this phenomenon as an introduction to our advocacy for off-piste skiing .

Already 2,300 have signed the petition ??????

https://www.change.org/p/minist%C3%A8re-de-la-jeunesse-et-des-sports-contre-l-interdiction-du-ski-hors-piste
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, Do not worry come to the Espace killy.

I have been out this morning and placed one blue piste marker in Tignes Le Breviere, one at the top of Grand Motte and one at the top of Val D glacier. So now everything is on piste and a Blue run wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
April 1st?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Weathercam, One of the best - but not as good as the Wiltshire police and Wadworth brewery joining together and sharing resources.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds a bit fishy to me...

Poisson d'avril? Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's really funny how many have signed the petition and some of the comments on FaceBook - I had to ask my French niece if April's Fool was big in France as so many have been taken in by it rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy