Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la rosiere in april

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we are off to tignes 1st week in april and have managed to extend our holiday by a couple of days. we would like to go somewhere else for the last couple of days and have never skied in la rosiere. i understand the southern facing slopes can suffer if its warm and sunny. also the link to italy can be a but flaky. would be interested in opinions please we will be there around april 8th. also i think there might be an access point lower down the mountain than the main resort but as we need ski hire for the kids (having handed the others back in tignes) we might not be able to utilise this...unkess we hire in bourg maybe then we can stay in a hotel there. thanks in advance for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been in La Ros twice at that time of year and it was excellent. Have to say that you do have to expect Spring snow conditions but in the San Bernado valley and up high in La Thuile conditions have been excellent.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Backhojo and other snowheaders.

This is my first post here and as I'm French, all apologies in advance !
I'm just back from a wonderful week in La Rosière (18 to 25/03) even if it was a rather hot week.
We almost lost 1m of snow in the station (1850m) during the week, all roofs were loosing their beautiful white snow cover...
But ski conditions were still OK, especially in ST Bernard pass and the top of La Thuile, but even in La Rosière in the morning.
We enjoyed off-piste in the afternoon as the pistes were getting too bumpy.
At the bottom of La Thuile (1440m) there was no snow at all except on the pistes.

You can come to La Rosière via a low access point, the "Les Ecudets" lift (you got a sign post and have to cross the road leading to La Rosière on the left).
But then, you'll have to take the chairlift back down because the Fontaine Froide piste is closed.
You still can ski from "Les Ecudets" to the main pistes of La Rosière via the steep "Sévolière" skilift, then, you got an easy but sticky blue (the road to the pass, actually) that leads you back to that chairlift.
You got also plenty of places where you can hire skis in Bourg.

But I strongly suggest you to go all the way to La Rosière, it will be a lot easier and you'll have also good ski hire places (you can try SKIMIUM closed to the slopes, very nice and helpful team).

Either way, don't come too late or you'll have problems to park at "Les Ecudets" or La Rosière.

Once there, I suggest you to ski to Italy, take the long Bellecombe 1 and 2 skilifts and then ski down the 18 and 6 for a 1200m vertical drop to La Thuile on lovely reds that end in the woods with birds chirping !
Don't go back too late (noon at best) or you'll get stuck in Carabiniers and Faisan back to "Chardonnet" chairlift.

Enjoy !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
good first post @mika, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@backhojo, on a way from Tignes to La Rosiere check Sainte Foy (midway between La Rosiere and Tignes). Go to wherever the snow is better
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great post @mika, welcome Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome @mika, cracking entrance to the forum
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mika, nice post, welcome!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys, whenever I can be of help !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy