Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Law for Driving in France - WEF 31.3.17

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just stumbled on this online on an info site re. French tolls - it could impact on journeys to the Alps:

New Law for Driving in France
Deadline date 31st March 2017

The French government have launched a new scheme for all cars driving in Paris and other French cities (currently Lyon and Grenoble) which will include British registered cars.
From 31/03/2017 your car needs to display an emissions sticker showing the age and cleanliness of your vehicle.
If your vehicle does not display the sticker you could face hefty on the spot fines.
The anti-pollution sticker can only be ordered on-line from the official Crit’ Air website

www.certificat-air.gouv.fr
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting !

more info here

http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been running on sHs for 2 months here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3003931&highlight=french+vignette#3003931

Already got mine, very few dramas.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cost about 4€ even with postage to UK.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Been running on sHs for 2 months here...
Apologies - missed that despite my daily visit to snowHead... Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chocksaway, may I ask how long your stickers took to arrive? I received confirmation that mine had been issued on 2nd March and that they would be couriered to my address but so far nothing has arrived.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Yoda, the application said to allow 28 days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you read the info correctly this only applies 08.00-20.00 Monday to Friday so will not affect the majority of UK tourists.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Apologies I have not had time to read full info but if you are not entering one of the restricted area do you need to have a sticker, I travel 7th April so to late to apply anyway.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Yoda, Sorry can't answer that as they go to the registered address of the vehicle, which is in England and I'm not! It took a couple of weeks for my application to be processed and they send you a PDF invoice and temporary paper form to show to Les Flics.

@Jonny996, As I understand it, you only need the sticker if they invoke restrictions due to bad pollution (often in prolonged periods of high pressure). When the restrictions were invoked in Paris only Level 6 was banned (pre 1997 diesels) but you need the sticker to prove it. Grenoble is really the only issue for skiers at the moment,as the restrictions apply to the urban motorway (Rocade Sud) as well. It is only Lyon and Lille town centres, not the motorways. Chambery is not listed but I am sure they will jump on the band wagon soon, hence me bothering.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stewart woodward, we drive through Grenoble on varying days of the week, and the Rocade Sud is part of the restricted area just after the péage booths. Friday at 3pm is a usual one. Not everyone travels in on weekends. The area we drive through MAY be subject to restrictions, and we MAY be there long enough to need to display the sticker. We wouldn't even know how long the restrictions had been in place for. Looking at the website is not my priority when I'm on holiday. For 4€ it isn't worth the hassle of not having one and being fined. @Yoda, if you got the email to say it has been sent, just take that with you in case of need. @Jonny996, you don't need the sticker outside of the restricted areas at the moment.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the replies. I have the emails on my phone so not concerned, just wondered if they might have been lost in the post.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Better sort this tonight
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ordered mine up today for delivery to me in France - I'm not planning on going back till the end of the month or early May depending on late season snow, and then I will not be travelling at the weekend and will be going via Grenoble so hence the need for one.

I can understand the need maybe for older cars say three or more years old, but mine is only 6 months old and meets a whole load of emission requirements etc no longer have a diesel particulate filter (loads of hassle) and uses AdBlue whatever that does rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for posting this @mountainaddict, I wouldn't have known about it. Ordered mine on Friday, confirmation arrived on the email this morning (class2 for a diesel 2013 Honda CRV.)

The worst part was trying to get the .jpeg/.pdf of the registration below 400kb! In the end I took a picture of it with my iPhone and saved it on the smallest setting after all else failed. Anyway, success it seems.

Thanks again folks, very helpful.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy