Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Les Menuires skiing Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, looking to book a last minute easter holiday, obviously Val Thorens would be high up on the list if it wasn't so expensive !

Does anyone know if it is viable to stay in Les Menuires and ski the Val Thrones area on a daily basis ?

Thanks

Steve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tomlin169, yep that's pretty straight forward from what i can remember
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tomlin169, have you found reasonable accommodation in Les Menuires? I'm looking for something very cheap for four nights but haven't had any luck
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tomlin169 - Yes assuming you can all do long blues quite happily. Two lifts and you can ski down Pluviomteres straight into VT. Coming back it's also two lifts out of VT.
Or, if it's open, there is a dull horribly long flat blue (Boulevard Cumin) that comes down out of VT into the area below LM and La Masse called Boulevard cumin that puts you one lift up into LM or Reberty, but particularly in slow spring snow you can expect to be poling (or walking if your're on a board) a fair amount, so I'd prefer to go back to the top of Mont de la Chambre and ski down.

La Masse, just the other side of LM is a nice area to ski too so LM is a good option I'd say. You're also the same two lifts to ski down to the base to do Mont Vallon for variety. But if you want to be in VT everyday, I'd aim to stay the Reberty end (near the coaster at the bottom of Bruyeres gondola) rather than the Les Menuires croisette as you can simply take Bruyeres to the top to get to VT.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 29-03-17 16:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@moseyp, when I was looking around a month ago, I was finding some decent deals for accom on the main Les Menuires main website. Admittedly that was for weekly rentals.

After the big dumps of several weeks back I took the plunge and booked the La Tania end of the 3v, that was before the rain and sun naused matters up somewhat, so I'm keeping everything crossed for some lower temps and nice top up of snow but current forecast is still pretty warm and with some rain.
At Least Courchevel is north facing so it should hold pretty well. Though to be honest if I'd left booking it till now I'd almost certainly be looking at VT/LM like the OP, or maybe Tignes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gazzza wrote:
Or, if it's open, there is a dull horribly long flat blue (Boulevard Cumin) that comes down out of VT into the area below LM and La Masse called Boulevard cumin that puts you one lift up into LM or Reberty, but particularly in slow spring snow you can expect to be poling (or walking if your're on a board) a fair amount, so I'd prefer to go back to the top of Mont de la Chambre and ski down.

Plus later in the season it can be closed anyway due to poor snow, at the EoSB last year I think it was basically a road.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you stay at the Reberty end of Les Menuires then it's only one gondola (Mont De La Chambre) to get to VT. Powder 'n' Shine have really good catered chalets in Reberty 2000 that have great food and are true ski in-ski out. Check their website, they sometimes do very good last minute deals.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tomlin169, If you are still there on Easter Sunday, there will only be about 100 or so Snowhead internet ski weirdos sitting on the deck of the "knife & fork" munching through Thai Curry.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have booked for 4 nights over Easter weekend at Hotel ale Bruyeres with topcashback via hotels dot com. Price was cheapish but compared to an identical 4 day trip to Pila in early March it seems that France is bloody expensive.
The biggest hassle was sorting transport from the airport as the transport companies don't have a late bus back for a night flight so we have had to fork out for a hire care.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can recommend skiamis chalets and silverlingchalet in Reberty.
Very well placed for Bruyere lift!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy