Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel advice for St Anton or Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a hotel that is suitable for around 16 male skiers in either resort. We are trying to find the most suitable flights and accommodation options.

Near to lifts
Lower Mid range (ish) - not a hostel, but a simple B&B/hotel set up would be fine. Approx £100-£120 per twin room per night
Accepting of a large group

We are a mixed group with those that want to ski all day, and those that prefer to party late.

Any recommendations would be appreciated to help us narrow the choice of resort.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll likely struggle in St Anton on that budget. The only places that are likely to accept such a large group are the larger hotels and you'll be double your budget, more like 120-135€ pppn b&b. Hotels Post, Schwartzadler, Arlberg, Sport etc. Smaller b&b's/ Pensions wont have so many rooms and are reluctant to take large groups of lads in my experience.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably struggle in Ischgl too. B & B prices more like a 100 euros pppn.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mike-H, May be better splitting into say 4 groups of 4 and doing it that way, there's plenty about 80-90€pppn in St A but they are small and tend to be out of town, either up the hill in Moos or out in Nasserein. Look on the TI websites at accommodation search. Might be better in a large catered chalet with one of the cheaper providers like Ski Total or similar but again I think you'll struggle.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For Ischgl look at Ski Total, as above - you could split into two groups, some in the Chalet Zita, and the rest in the Abendrot which is very nice. I think they have a third one there now as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great, just what St Anton needs - another 18 blokes Very Happy
In my experience there is no point in getting same accommodation as you'll all tend to split up anyway. You can get rooms sub €100 near galzigbahn etc but not sure 're Ischgl
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mike-H, what time of the season are you planning to go?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hotel Post is excellent but unfortunately not for that budget unless things have got cheaper since I was there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stayed in Hotel Madlein last season, can't remember the cost but as a base for a group of 16 blokes it would have most bases covered.

We booked directly with the hotel for half board and the food was reasonable, had a good spa, good bar, poker room, lap dancing bar and was a very short underground walk to the main lift station.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hotel Garni Goldenes Kreuz in St Anton might work for you. It's a B&B hotel on the main street but closer to the Nasserein end. Less than 10 minutes walk to the Nasserein gondola in ski boots.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boabski wrote:
Great, just what St Anton needs - another 18 blokes Very Happy
- I take your point. Smile

We normally travel at the end of Feb or Early March. We have used Morzine for a few years, but the group fancy a change of scenery.

The budget will have to increase, looking at your comments.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If none of you have been to St Anton before and some of you are likely to party, best staying closer to Galzigbahn end of town. Whilst Nasserein perfectly acceptable it is a bit of a trudge, in ski boots and with a few flying hirsches down you. Yes there are ski depots at Galzigbahn but tend to shut around 6.30 so will quite often miss closing time if you're still partying at Mooserwirt/KK/Griabli. Gasthof Angelika is perfectly placed and under €100 a night bnb, certainly was the last time I stayed there a couple of years ago
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@boabski, true, but I'm sure 16 lads can pony up the shared cost of a taxi back each night if they can save £20pp a night.

Having said that, Nasserein isn't necessarily cheaper as it's a popular family choice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy