Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Recommendation for New Year please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for a late December ski destination? I'll be travelling with my OH and our 11yr old. Night-life is not important but somewhere with a bit of character would be nice. We're happy to make all our own arrangements and therefore will most likely not use a TO. We would also like to keep the transfer to around 2hrs or less. Initially liked the look of Bardonecchia but the long surface lifts have put me off. Any and all suggestions welcome Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any of the Salzburgerland ski areas. Generally great lift systems, an hour-ish from Salzburg, good snow making in case of a lack of the natural stuff.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks hammerite. Will give it a look Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think you can go far wrong with any Austrian resort. They are almost all within 2 hours of either Salzburg or Innsbruck and even Munich in some cases and normal have plenty of 'character' (après bars, pretty churches, some decent shops etc). I have organised DIY trips to Mayrhofen, Saalbach, St Johan and Seefeld. They all meet your description and should have plenty of varied accommodation available, even near Christmas time. The first two provide far larger ski areas but I'm not sure what your exact ski requirements are.

FWIW I have also done a week in Bardonecchia and really enjoyed it, but I take your point about drag lifts. If you decide to go with a TO, I wouldn't rule it out as a destination (or Sauze D'Oulx) as there they often have some real bargains there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi EdYarker, thanks for your reply. Will check out the resorts you mentioned. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy